Supplementary pensions are becoming an increasingly important source of income and are being promoted by the government. This means we're getting more and more regulations in this area. The conditions for an individual pension scheme for salaried employees will change on 1 July 2017.
Have you taken out an individual pension scheme for your employees?
Why the conditions are being changed
The government wants employees to receive more transparent information about their individual pension scheme so they can clearly see the benefits their employer has built up for them. Just like they can on their pay slips. Employees will be able to do this by the end of the year by going to www.mypension.be. The general conditions governing our individual pension scheme must therefore comply fully with the new legislation. We are also using this opportunity to introduce a number of improvements.
Changes from 2017
- Focus on readability and transparency. More info.
- Legal changes to payout time. More info.
- Your premium payments adjusted line with salary payments. More info
- Clear description of KBC's and your obligations. More info.
- Continued death cover upon leaving employment. More info.
- Employees' reserves accrued elsewhere managed separately. More info
What we expect from you
Once you have received the bundle with new terms, you must sign it and send it back to us