You would be surprised just how often you rely on others to help you out on a daily basis. You may ask your father to quickly deliver an item to a customer, your children’s friends may come to the office to help count inventories, etc. These people are obviously happy to oblige, but what if they end up having an accident? They will need to be properly insured. That's why we recommend that you take out separate insurance on their behalf.
Why you should go for accident insurance for unpaid helpers
Who is insured?
Individuals who assist by doing unpaid work at your business.
Note! Individuals residing with management are not deemed unpaid helpers.
What is insured?
- The costs of medical care and related expenses are insured up to a maximum amount of 12 500 euros per accident and per insured helper. The deductible from the insured costs amounts to 125 euros.
- Daily compensation of 13 euros in the case of temporary work disability as from the 31st day after the accident and for a maximum of two years.
- Compensation in the event of permanent disability of more than 5%.
- An additional compensation payment of 46 875 euros in the event of serious permanent injuries (67% or more). After sustaining serious permanent injury, long-term help may be needed from third parties or special alterations may be required to the victim's car or home (installation of a lift or wider doors), in which case additional compensation is very useful.
- Compensation in the event of death in a sum of 12 500 euros or reimbursement of funeral expenses up to an amount of 5 000 euros.
What you need to know
- If, as part of your business activity, you send your helper on the road, any accident during that journey is insured.
- Even if your helper does odd jobs at a company director's home, they are insured.
Main exclusions: what is not insured?
Accidents to helpers on their way to or from the business
|Accidents to persons aged over 75|
|Accidents to which the industrial accidents legislation applies|
What you need to know
- Accident insurance, unpaid help, is accident insurance forming part of our KBC Commercial Employee Insurance Cover.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The policy is valid for one year or three years. The policy is tacitly renewed on the renewal date for successive terms of the same duration as the initial term that is contracted unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven – E-mail: email@example.com – Tel.: tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply) – Fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: www.ombudsman.as.
- This does not affect your legal rights.
For a quote, please contact your KBC insurance intermediary.
NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven –
VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed for all insurance classes under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
Pension Agreement for the Self-employed (POZ)
- The tax-efficient way to build up a supplementary pension
- Guaranteed return
- Combine with a VAPZ