Could you, as a self-employed person, get by on less than 55 euros a day? Of course you couldn't. But what if you were unable to work due to illness or an accident and you lost your professional income? With KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance, you receive benefits to top up those paid by your health insurance fund every month. We'll also refund the premium during the period of incapacity.
Why choose guaranteed income insurance as a self-employed person?
Benefits of KBC Guaranteed Income
- Duration: your insurance automatically covers you until the day you turn 65. You're free to cancel the policy whenever you want.
- Waiting period: you decide how long you can manage without benefits: 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. The longer the waiting period, the lower your premium. If you become unfit for work again within 3 months, the period doesn't start again.
- Additional security: in case your degree of disability is above your degree of incapacity for work. Your benefits are based on your degree of disability.
- Indexation: You can opt for your benefits and premiums to be index-linked or have them stay the same.
- Your Premium – not for your disability cover – counts
as a professional expense and is tax-deductible. But you still
have to pay insurance tax at 9,25%. Your benefits are taxed as a
replacement income or pension.
The tax treatment of your benefits and premium will depend on your individual circumstances and may change at any time.
With KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance, you can cover up to 80% of your professional income in case of illness and accidents outside of and at work (including while travelling to and from work).
What are the main exclusions?
Incapacity for work which starts, becomes longer or more serious due to:
- Consequences of an existing illness or previous accident
- Attempted suicide
- Consequences of excessive consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Certain mental health conditions
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general terms and conditions.
Get insurance to cover your regular expenses and loans
When you're unfit for work, you still have to pay your regular expenses and loans. You can take out extra insurance with KBC to finance your regular expenses and loans for the months during which you're unable to work.
Insure your business turnover
Self-employed people often work within a close company structure. If you’re unfit for work, your turnover is likely to suffer while you’re off.
Our Guaranteed Income Insurance lets you add cover for loss of turnover that pays out during your absence (the funds are remitted to the company). This type of cover could be just what you need, especially if you have a one-man company or management company.
Self-employed medical practitioner? The NIHDI will help you
Are you a self-employed doctor, dentist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, speech therapist or (home care) nurse? Have you signed up to the national agreements of the NIHDI? With KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance (NIHDI), you don't have to pay your annual premium yourself. The NIHDI pays it for you out of your annual financial allowance.
What you need to know
- KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance is a disability insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is valid until you reach retirement age. You can cancel the policy every year.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If this does not result in an appropriate solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman for the entire industry at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as.
This does not affect your right to initiate court action.
For a KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance quote and to calculate your premium, please contact your KBC insurance intermediary.
KBC Guaranteed Income is a product from KBC Insurance NV,
Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium. VAT BE
0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC
KREDBEBB. Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de
Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of
insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian
Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC Group.
See the product fact sheet for a concise description of the cover and the most important exclusions - as well as other useful information:
- KBC Guaranteed Income (Individual) product fact sheet
- KBC Guaranteed Income (Loan) product fact sheet
- KBC Guaranteed Income (NIHDI) product fact sheet
- KBC Guaranteed Income (Fixed Costs) product fact sheet
- KBC Guaranteed Income (Individual) information document
- KBC Guaranteed Income (Key person) information document
Third-party liability for your business
Ten-year liability insurance
Social VSPSS (Voluntary Supplementary Pension Scheme for the Self-Employed)
- Tax relief
- Guaranteed return
- Protection in the event of incapacity for work, disability, and maternity leave