Could you, as a self-employed person, get by on less than 55 euros a day? Of course you couldn't. But what if you were unable to work due to illness or an accident and you lost your professional income? With KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance, you receive benefits to top up those paid by your health insurance fund every month. We'll also refund the premium during the period of incapacity.
Why choose guaranteed income insurance as a self-employed person?
Benefits of KBC Guaranteed Income
- Duration: your insurance automatically covers you until the day you turn 65. You're free to cancel the policy whenever you want.
- Waiting period: you decide how long you can manage without benefits: 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months. The longer the waiting period, the lower your premium. If you become unfit for work again within 3 months, the period doesn't start again.
- Additional security: in case your degree of disability is above your degree of incapacity for work. Your benefits are based on your degree of disability.
- Indexation tailored to you: you can choose between three plans. You can opt for your benefits and/or premiums to be index-linked or have them stay the same.
- Your Premium – not for your disability cover – counts
as a professional expense and is tax-deductible. But you still
have to pay insurance tax at 9,25%. Your benefits are taxed as a
replacement income or pension.
The tax treatment of your benefits and premium will depend on your individual circumstances and may change at any time.
You can cover up to 80% of your professional income with KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance. There are two plans to choose from:
- Illness and accidents outside of and at work (including while travelling to and from work)
- Illness and accidents outside of work
What are the main exclusions?
Incapacity for work which starts, becomes longer or more serious due to:
- Consequences of an existing illness or previous accident
- Attempted suicide
- Consequences of excessive consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Certain mental health conditions
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general terms and conditions.
Get insurance to cover your regular expenses and loans
When you're unfit for work, you still have to pay your regular expenses and loans. You can take out extra insurance with KBC to finance your regular expenses and loans for the months during which you're unable to work.
Have a company? Get insurance to cover your profits and turnover too
Are you self-employed with your own company? Then your company's profits and turnover are also likely to fall during the months in which you're unable to work. There are two policies to protect you specifically as a business owner.
- You can cover your loss of turnover with KBC Guaranteed Income (Turnover)
- You can cover your loss of profits with KBC Guaranteed Income (Profits)
Both policies for business owners pay the benefits to your company while you're unfit to work.
Self-employed medical practitioner? The NIHDI will help you
Are you a self-employed doctor, dentist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, speech therapist or (home care) nurse? Have you signed up to the national agreements of the NIHDI? With KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance (NIHDI), you don't have to pay your annual premium yourself. The NIHDI pays it for you out of your annual financial allowance.
What you need to know
- KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance is a disability insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance is valid until you reach retirement age. You can cancel the policy every year.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If this does not result in an appropriate solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman for the entire industry at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as.
This does not affect your right to initiate court action.
For a KBC Guaranteed Income Insurance quote and to calculate your premium, please contact your KBC insurance intermediary.
KBC Guaranteed Income is a product from KBC Insurance NV,
Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2, 3000 Leuven, Belgium. VAT BE
0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC
KREDBEBB. Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de
Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of
insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian
Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC Group.
Third-party liability insurance for medical professions
Doctors are human, too, and we can all sometimes make mistakes. They can have serious consequences. You need to have adequate protection against damages claims by patients you treat in the course of your profession.
Guaranteed Pay (Employees)
When an employee is temporarily unable to work, he or she is still entitled to receive a wage. To cover this cost for you as an employer, you can take out 'Guaranteed Wage' insurance.
Vehicle Insurance for LGVs
Accidents will happen, and KBC Vehicle Insurance for LGVs provides you with comprehensive cover when you are on the road. In addition to the compulsory third-party liability insurance, there are numerous types of additional cover.