Earn while you save
Base rate: 0.01%*
Savings earn interest at the base rate from the first calendar day after they are deposited and cease to earn interest from the calendar day on which they are withdrawn.
Fidelity bonus: 0.10%*
The fidelity bonus is awarded for amounts which remain on the savings account for twelve full, consecutive months. If money is withdrawn or transferred from the account, the accruing fidelity bonuses whose acquisition date is furthest in the future will be the first to be ended. However, for the first three transfers per year to another regulated savings account held with KBC Bank, there is a pro rata transfer of the fidelity bonus, provided the following conditions are met:
- the two savings accounts have at least one holder who is the same person
- each transfer is for at least 500 euros
- the funds are not transferred by standing order or automatic savings order
This means that the current 12-month calculation period is not interrupted but continues running on the beneficiary savings account. Therefore, the fidelity bonus is likewise only awarded on amounts that are held, in this case, on two or more savings accounts for 12 consecutive months.
Pay no charges
We won't charge you for opening and managing your savings account.
Access your money at all times
You can withdraw money from your KBC Savings Account at any time and without charge.
Get tax benefits
Individuals are exempt from withholding tax (currently 15%) on the first 1 880 euros of interest earned each year.
Enjoy peace of mind
The money on your savings account is protected by the deposit guarantee scheme operated by the Belgian government. Find out more, including details of the terms and conditions, in our Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium brochure.
* The rates shown are annualised and may be changed at any time. Current rates are always given here or can be obtained from your KBC Bank branch. If rates change, we will inform account holders of this on their statements of account.
Before opening a savings account with us, be sure to read our key information for savers.
The KBC Savings Account is a regulated savings account offered by KBC Bank NV, Belgium.
Funds with floor monitoring
Time deposit accounts and term investments
- Safe investment
- Fixed interest rate
- Professionally managed
Make optimum use of the dividend received deduction (DRD)
- Dividends exempt from tax
- An alternative to individual shares
- Fund managers take care of tracking