- Drain any water from exterior pipes or install frost-free outside taps
- Never turn off the central heating completely when you’re not at home
- Never turn thermostatic valves on radiators to below their frost-protection setting (a snowflake symbol)
- Insulate taps, valves and pipes in unheated areas (such as the cellar, attic or garage) and check the insulation every year
- Never attempt to thaw frozen pipes with a naked flame. Use hot air (hair drier), hot rags or hot water instead. If that doesn’t help, call a plumber
- Know where the main water valve is located, so that you can turn it off if there is ever a leak
- Never air your home for more than 20 minutes, otherwise it will cool off too much
- Leave room doors open to allow warm air to circulate
Prevent frost damage with the help of our tips
Apply online in no time for a loan – 24/7
Apply for a car or personal loan with ease and in full security and get a quick answer to your application.
Learn more about the KBC Home Loan. And work out what your loan will cost you in just 2 minutes!