You can take a number of simple measures to protect your home against flooding and water seepage, and so prevent damage to your belongings.
Heavy rainfall is on its way! But is your home waterproof?
- Clean your gutters. If your gutters get clogged, rainwater
cannot flow down the drainpipe and will seek an
alternative escape route.
- Install a wire balloon guard over the drainpipe from the gutter or flat roof to prevent it from getting blocked up by leaves
- If your home is located on low ground and is susceptible to flooding during heavy rainfall, ensure that the drains are up to standard and keep your drain grates free of debris
- If you have a cellar, make sure that everything is stored at least 7 cm above ground level (height of a brick)
- If necessary, do the same with the furniture in your living room
- Ensure you have a supply of sandbags
Report a claim
Sometimes, despite all your efforts, damage does occur. In that case, it’s important to report your claim as quickly as possible.
Claims reporting at KBC
- Contact your KBC Insurance agent
He or she will expertly assist you in starting up your claim and guide you through the subsequent stages involved.
Find your KBC Insurance agent.
- Call the KBC 24+ call
If you are unable to contact your KBC Insurance agent or need immediate and urgent claims-related assistance, call the KBC 24+ service at any time.
- 0800 964 64 (free number)
- + 32 16 24 24 24 (abroad)
How can I ensure that my claim is handled quickly and efficiently?
Provide us with all essential information as quickly as possible:
- The circumstances
- Who was involved
- What has been damaged
- Who has been injured
How to save for a home of your own
Does the thought of having your own home seem like a financial impossibility? If you're well-prepared, it doesn't have to be.
A personal loan lets you spread your (unexpected) costs. Repay the same amount each month at a top-value rate.
Find the loan that matches your plans
Need a loan? We can help you choose the right one. In two minutes.