Our General Banking Terms and Conditions, legal documents and product regulations are available here for your information. You can view them online or, if you prefer, you can download them instead. Of course, they can also be obtained from your KBC Bank branch.
Belgian Bankers' Association Code of Conduct
The Belgian Bankers' Association Code of Conduct has been drawn up by the Belgian Bankers' and Stockbroking Firms' Association, the organisation representing banks and savings banks in Belgium. This publication contains the rules that banks and savings banks have to follow in their relationship with private customers.
General Banking Terms and Conditions
KBC Bank Embargo Policy
KBC Bank has to take into account financial and trade embargoes
issued by the European Union and/or the Belgian legislature.
For an overview of embargoes enacted by the European Union, please click here.
For payments in USD, KBC also has to take account of embargoes
issued by the United States.
For an overview of these embargoes, please click here.
For certain countries, KBC has decided to go beyond what is
specified in the above embargoes. For instance, KBC Bank does not
carry out payment transactions in USD with persons, entities and banks
in Myanmar, Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Syria and Iran, and it pursues a
very strict policy on financial transactions with persons established
Read the publication relating to Iran.
Information on the Conflicts of Interest Policy
The European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) obliges investment undertakings to draw up a written policy for managing their conflicts of interest when providing investment services. The Royal Decree of 21 February 2014 on the code of conduct and rules for managing conflicts of interest imposes the same requirement on insurance companies. The following publications contain more information on how KBC Bank and KBC Insurance have drawn up their policy.
Information on Politically Exposed Persons
- KBC Bank Card Regulations
- KBC Prepaid Card Regulations
- KBC Platinum Credit Card Regulations
- General Conditions KBC Platinum Flex Credit Card
- KBC Gold Credit Card Regulations
- General Conditions Governing KBC Gold Flex Credit Card
- KBC Silver Credit Card Regulations
- General Conditions Governing KBC Silver Flex Credit Card
- KBC Pinto Visa Card Terms & Conditions (Dutch)
Conditions Financial Protection Insurance (for credit cards
granted on or before 28 August 2016)
These conditions apply until 13 November 2016. The ‘General Conditions Financial Protection Insurance (for credit cards granted on or after 29 August 2016)’ will apply from 14 November 2016.
- General Conditions Financial Protection Insurance (for credit cards granted on or after 29 August 2016)
Saving & investing
- KBC Custody Account Regulations
- Changes KBC Custody Account 1 March 2016
- KBC Savings Account Regulations
- KBC Start2Save Account Regulations
- KBC Term Investment Regulations valid until 31 December 2016
- KBC Term Investment Regulations valid from 1 January 2017
KBC Account Insurance Conditions valid
until 31 December 2016
KBC Account Insurance Conditions valid from 1 January 2017
- Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium (in Dutch)
- European Savings Directive (in Dutch)
- European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) designed to protect investors (in Dutch)
- Thinking about buying shares of a fund? Always read through the Key Investor Information Document first
- KBC Bank's Best Execution Policy
- Changes to KBC Bank’s order-execution policy effective as of 1 March 2016
- Regulations Governing Transactions in Financial Instruments - KBC Bank NV
- Securities executable via Equiduct
- Policy on enquiring into product knowledge
Consult previous versions of these documents
If you're in doubt whether the document on this page is the most recent version or if you'd like to see a previous version, don't hesitate to contact your KBC Bank branch. They will be glad to provide you with the latest and earlier versions of these legal documents and regulations.