Fire insurance - landlords

KBC Home Insurance for landlords

Fire insurance - landlords

KBC Home Insurance for landlords

Comprehensive cover

All losses are insured unless stated in the limited list of exclusions.

Extending the home insurance policy

There are a number of optional insurance policies for landlords can be added to the KBC Home Insurance for landlords in addition to the options for owners who do not let their property.

Optional: legal assistance

An optional legal assistance insurance policy guarantees you legal assistance in the event of disputes

Optional insurances for landlords as an extension of the insurance for owners

The two optional insurance policies set out below are intended as insurances for landlords. You can add them to your home policy on top of the options for owners.

For a complete overview of the possibilities of the KBC Home Insurance, please refer to the page about fire insurance for owners.

Optional: third-party liability insurance for buildings

As the owner of a building, you can claim for damage caused to your building under the third-party liability insurance of your family insurance. However, this insurance does not apply to property yielding income, which is why the additional protection of Third-party Liability Insurance for Buildings is so important.

To sum up all possible situations is simply impossible. We will therefore give you a few examples that are insured under this policy.

  • A flower pot falls off the balcony of your home onto a passer-by.
  • A passer-by stumbles over a loose paving slab of the path leading to the door.
  • When painting the banisters of the balcony, a tin of paint falls onto your neighbour's car.

What is insured?

This insurance covers your third-party liability for damage:

  • in connection with the building, land, garage or their contents;
  • caused by odd jobs carried out at the specified address.

What is not insured?

  • Damage caused to animals or property entrusted to your guardianship
  • Damage caused by buildings in a state of disrepair if you did not take basic precautions to prevent this
  • Damage resulting from the performance of your job or the operation of your company

Optional: legal assistance insurance for buildings

In the case of legal disputes related to the rented building, we engage Defendo, the legal assistance department of KBC. They are independent experts. They guarantee honest advice and will handle your file confidentially.

What is insured?

  • If you have incurred damage as a result of the actions of another person, Defendo will assist you in claiming compensation in accordance with applicable third-party liability legislation.
  • In the event that you are suspected of a criminal offence, Defendo will arrange your criminal defence.

Defendo will compensate the damage up to the agreed amount, even if the liable person is unable to pay you.

What is not insured?

  • Fines, charges and amicable settlements
  • Damage in connection with the performance of a contract. Defendo will not provide assistance in any dispute concerning the actual contract. An example is if there is a dispute about price or quality.
  • Disputes between policyholders. This is to avoid conflicts of interest.

Things you also need to know

  • KBC Home Insurance for Landlords may include one or more of the following:
Third-party liability insurance for buildings This is third-party liability insurance
Legal assistance insurance for buildings This is legal assistance insurance
  • This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
  • The insurance policies apply for a term of one year. and will be tacitly renewed unless terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
  • Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven,, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or 078 15 20 45 (pay number), fax 016 86 30 38. If this does not result in a satisfactory solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman, which acts for the entire industry, at Meeûsplantsoen 35, 1000 Brussels, or visit
    However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.

For a quote, please visit our website or contact your KBC insurance intermediary.

The above insurance policies are a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium – VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
The company is licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC Group

Please refer to the product fact sheet for a concise description of the cover and the most important exclusions, as well as other useful information.

  • product fact sheet
  • general conditions
  • segmentation policy


Was this page useful to you? Yes No