KBC Comfort4Life is an internal investment fund of KBC Insurance, which is offered under the KBC Life Invest Plan, a Class 23 investment-type insurance product. This actively managed fund allows you to start making investments at your own pace.
Risk management and return
KBC Comfort4Life is designed to provide you with an optimum return under favourable market conditions, and protection during market downturns.
Protect the future of your loved ones
If you die, the capital is released quickly to the beneficiary of the life insurance policy.
Starting at 25 euros per month
An investment in which small or large amounts can be deposited.
What is KBC Comfort4Life?
Why opt for KBC Comfort4Life?
KBC Comfort4Life is designed to provide you with an optimum return under favourable market conditions, and protection during market downturns. This way, you benefit from a healthy balance between risk management and return.
KBC Comfort4Life is offered as a fund under a life insurance policy, making it highly suitable for estate planning. You can designate your loved ones as beneficiaries, save on inheritance tax and, by taking out an additional supplementary form of cover, insure your loved ones’ future plans.
The benefits of life insurance
- You designate the beneficiary yourself: if you should die, the capital you have accumulated through KBC Comfort4Life will go to your designated beneficiary. If you subsequently wish to designate a different beneficiary, you may do so at any time.
- Less inheritance tax: if you opt to ‘skip a generation’, you can designate your grandchildren as direct beneficiaries so that there is less inheritance tax to be paid.
- Quick release of your money should you die: if you pass away, the money you invested in your KBC Comfort4Life policy will be available to the beneficiary quickly.
- Supplementary death cover: this covers your family in case you should suddenly pass away. In this way, you can ensure that your children receive an amount with which to pay for their studies in addition to the capital you have already accumulated.
What is the return on KBC Comfort4Life?
KBC Comfort4Life is designed to provide return and protection through optimum risk management
When the stock market conditions are favourable, the fund invests more in assets with a higher return potential, such as shares. Under less favourable conditions, the fund invests in lower-risk assets so as to limit any decreases in your reserve.
Defensive or dynamic product
With KBC Comfort4Life, you can opt for either a defensive or dynamic investment product. KBC Comfort4Life Defensive invests more defensively (fewer shares or share UCIs than bonds or bond UCIs), while KBC Comfort4Life Dynamic invests more dynamically (more shares or share UCIs than bonds or bond UCIs).
No guaranteed return or capital protection
KBC Comfort4Life does not provide a guaranteed return or capital protection. The value of the fund may fluctuate over time, and the associated financial risk is borne by the policyholder at all times.
How much money do you need to invest in it?
You don’t need a large capital sum in order to invest in KBC Comfort4Life.
You can choose from two formulas:
- A monthly savings formula, starting from 25 euros
- Optional deposits, starting from 1,000 euros
How much does KBC Comfort4Life cost?
|Entry fees||2.5% on each deposit|
|Management fee||0.85% on an annual basis. The insurance company reserves the right to adjust the management fee for the investment fund.|
|Insurance tax||2% on each deposit for residents of Belgium|
|Withholding tax||Under the current tax regime, you are not subject to withholding tax if you draw against your reserve.|
Things you also need to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Indefinite term.
- Your intermediary is your first point
of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be
reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management by post at
Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, by e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0800 62084 (freephone number)
or 078 152045 (paid number), or by fax on 016 863038. If no
satisfactory solution can be reached, you can contact the Insurance
Ombudsman at de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or
email@example.com, which serves the whole industry. Alternatively,
However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.
Notifying us that a KBC client has died
Informing us of a death is the first step to making sure the deceased's banking and insurance affairs are taken care of properly and smoothly.
How are my pension savings taxed?
When you turn 60 or ten years after starting to save for your pension, you pay a one-off favourable-rate final tax.