KBC Life Pension Plan is a pension savings insurance policy designed to build up a supplementary pension in a tax-friendly manner. It can be taken out by any taxpayer aged over 18 and under 65. Start early to secure a solid pension pot.
Fixed interest rate on the amounts you save. You may receive a variable profit share each year on top of your return depending on the results of KBC Insurance.
Get tax benefits
Up to 30% tax relief on the amounts saved. In 2016, you can claim a tax deduction on payments up to 940 euros into your pension plan.
Choose how much you want to save. This could be as little as 10 euros per month. You decide how much you pay in and when.
What is a KBC Life Pension Plan?
What is the return on a KBC Life Pension Plan?
Guaranteed rate of interest on every deposit
KBC Insurance guarantees the interest rate on every deposit until your
contract's expiry date. It currently amounts to
Each year, your return could be increased by a variable profit share depending on the results of KBC Insurance and developments on the financial markets.
Start from 10 euros a month
You're in control in deciding how much to pay into the plan and when, tailored to your individual family situation and subject to the maximum allowed under the tax rules. This could be as little as 10 euros per month and 120 euros per year.
Add death cover
Protect your next of kin and take out additional death cover to give them an extra lump sum if you die. The premium for this cover is deducted monthly from your reserve.
The minimum term is 10 years. This pension savings insurance policy expires on your 65th birthday. If you start when you turn 55 or older, you will have to wait 10 years to dip into your pension pot to enjoy the benefit of a favourable tax rate. If you die the capital you accrued is paid to your designated beneficiary. You can always withdraw your savings earlier, but you will be heavily taxed.
You can get up to 30% tax relief on your deposits. A favourable rate of final tax is deducted on your 60th birthday (advance levy). If you start pension saving after your 55th birthday, the tax will be levied 10 years after the start date of your contract.
Rates and charges
|Entry fees||5% of each deposit|
|Exit fees||5%, reducing annually by 1% during each of the last five years of the contract.
No surrender charges if you retire at state retirement age or take early retirement or bridging pension.
Things you also need to know
- The KBC Life Pension Plan is a guaranteed-interest life insurance policy with a guaranteed return, whereby the investment risk is borne by the insurer.
- The KBC Life Pension Plan is covered by the Belgian protection scheme for guaranteed-interest life insurance policies. The scheme is triggered if it is established that KBC Insurance has defaulted. The protection currently amounts to 100 000 euros per policyholder for all reserves combined that are held with KBC Insurance under protected guaranteed-interest life insurance contracts.
- The KBC Life Pension Plan is subject to Belgian law.
- Future tax treatment can change and depends on your individual circumstances. Your intermediary will be glad to give you bespoke advice in this respect.
- The guaranteed interest rate may change for future deposits. KBC Insurance determines the interest rate applicable to your deposits during the term of the contract, based on the situation on the financial markets and/or changes to the legal requirements. If this interest rate changes, KBC Insurance will notify you of that fact.
- For detailed information on this product, see the product fact sheet and the financial fact sheet. We recommend that you read this information carefully before buying this product.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven – E-mail: email@example.com – Tel.: 0800 620 84 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply) – Fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels – firstname.lastname@example.org – www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
KBC Life Pension Plan
is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein
2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
Return on pension savings
Is it better to opt for a pension savings fund or pension savings insurance plan?
Account insurance from KBC provides some financial support for your family if you die or become totally and permanently disabled due to an accident. Learn more.
Why periodic investment is a good strategy
There are advantages to automatically investing an amount at regular intervals. Read on to find out why periodic investment might be the right strategy for you, too.