What does this job entail?
KBC Asset Management has affiliates in Central Europe, its second "home market": UBB Asset Management in Bulgaria, CSOB Asset Management a.s. Investment Company in the Czech Republic, K&H Investment Fund Management in Hungary and a branch in Slovakia.
The product risk department counts 15 colleagues in Belgium, 1 in Luxemburg and 2 in Dublin and reports to the CRO of KBC Asset Management.
For this traineeship we are looking for candidates with a numerical background and a minimum of programming experience in MatLab or other programming language to strengthen our product risk team in its core tasks and projects as outlined below.
- Implementation of a model risk framework, dealing with risks related to model development and implementation; conducting model validations;
- Project ‘Hjerte’ (Danish for heart), modernizing our entire fund management infrastructure, including risk related metrics and reporting;
- ‘PRIIPS’, assure that we can perform
necesary monte carlo simulations and other calculations to generate the
legally required fund performance scenario’s and risk scores;
- “Risk Culture”, aiming for risk to be managed by business as the 1st line of defense;
Possible traineeship assignments
During this traineeship, motivated people with a numerical background and a minimum of programming experience can assist in (e.g.) creating new models for our capital protected and structured funds, develop and program scenario analyses for various product lines, assess and validate existing business models, improve our existing risk infrastructure and make it future proof.
When allocating trainee assignments we will take the trainee's personal interests into account.Location Brussels, Havenlaan 2
What do we expect from you?
• We join the product developer and future portfolio manager already in the development phase of a new product;
• We determine the product score and risk profile of the product, as well as the regulatory risk indicators, so that clients can judge whether the product is suitable for her or him;
• We agree with the portfolio manager on the risk framework which indicates how the product will be managed on a day-to-day basis. We monitor this framework and report to our management, auditors and regulator;
• We report on the performance of our investment funds and institutional portfolios;
we do checks on major derivative contracts, calculations of our Middle and Back Office.
Your key strenghts?
From a technical point of view,
- You are currently an actuarial science master student or a student master in insurances.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
From a personal point of view,
- You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments independently when necessary.
- You are dynamic, creative and show initiative.
- You like working in an international context.
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way.
- You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines.
- You are eager to learn but also to share knowledge. You have a drive to continuously extend your knowledge and explore different areas of risk (management).
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 01/03/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.