What does this job entail?
Are you passionate about financial concepts & products and are you eager to deepen your knowledge on these topics? Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to be at the forefront of the digital transformation that is taking place in the financial services industry nowadays?
Then the Financial Markets Innovation Programme might be the perfect match for you!
At KBC, a leading bank-insurance player in the Benelux and Central-East Europe, we are currently looking for young, talented, result-driven people that are ready to onboard on the journey of the Financial Markets Innovation Programme (FMI Programme). During a 2-year period, you will be immersed in the fascinating world of corporate and investment banking.
The Financial Markets Innovation Programme is hosted by KBC Securities and KBC Financial Markets – Who are we?
KBC Financial Markets is KBC’s connection with the global capital markets. Our activities include foreign exchange and interest rate hedging solutions for clientele in the form of financial institutions, corporates, SMEs and other KBC divisions. We also develop and distribute investment products requested by our retail and professional clients. We have the biggest dealing room in Brussels and are also present in Prague, Bratislava and Budapest.
KBC Securities is the debt and equity house of KBC Group, one of Europe’s largest financial institutions, with operations in Belgium, the US, the UK and Central Europe. We specialise in strategic, financial advice along with debt and equity raising solutions for both private and listed companies. By growing partnerships and working with these companies at all stages of their development, we are able to structure and execute a broad range of corporate finance solutions.
Are you up for the challenge?
What do we expect from you?
Through 4 accelerated rotations, the Financial Markets Innovation Programme of KBC offers you the opportunity to take on different roles in the various areas of corporate and investment banking, a.o. corporate/institutional sales, FX/swap trading, equity/market research, specialised finance, etc.
In every function, you will be able to learn from and work together
with seasoned professionals.Besides on-the-job learning, you will get
the chance to turn your innovative ideas into reality in several
projects, to take on increasing responsibility and to deliver work
that is of true value to our business. In doing so, you will help to
digitally shape and transform KBC’s Corporate and Investment banking
future from day one.
Your key strenghts?
- You have a keen interest in financial services and in the evolutions taking place within the domain of banking, which you can back-up with studies, professional experience or extracurriculars;
- You are passionate about innovation and willing to work on transformative projects as part of your job;
- You have a flexible mindset and are willing to take on the challenge to try several different roles & functions within a relatively short timespan;
- You have outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, which you are always looking to further develop;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You hold a Master’s degree; an additional Master’s is a plus;
- You can demonstrate an excellent academic track record complemented by meaningful extracurricular activities (internship(s), international experience, own business, hobbies, sports,…);
- You have a maximum of 2 years of professional experience.
What can we offer you?
- Varying job content in a dynamic working environment – The core of the FMI Programme is diversity in every sense: at KBC, we want our trainees to try on different hats before deciding which one fits best. Being able to taste & try out different domains will help you to gain broad business, technical and product knowledge. To this end, trainees are actively stimulated to give direction when filling in their series of rotations. Areas like sales, trading, brokerage, specialised finance, trade finance, research, or corporate finance are examples of possible rotations.
- Networking opportunities – Via the different roles you take on, you will be uniquely positioned to liaise with professionals from different departments at all seniority levels. Moreover, senior management will be directly involved throughout your whole traineeship. They will share their vision of KBC’s future with you and will support you whenever necessary. By joining this programme you also become part of KBC’s trainee community, where you can get inspired by your peers’ experiences and – equally important – have loads of fun.
- Opportunity to grow – As a trainee, you will benefit from on-the-job coaching & intensive training that will develop you personally as well as professionally. While trainees are encouraged to work autonomously, a direct manager, HR coach and mentor are there to give guidance when needed. Likewise, you can continuously count on the support of seasoned professionals in the field you will be working in.
- An exciting career path ahead – Successfully
completing the FMI Programme gives you ample opportunities to take
on a job in KBC Securities, KBC Financial Markets or Trade Finance.
Via the 360° view gained throughout the 2-year track, trainees are
well-positioned to take on meaningful roles within our
In addition, this position offers:
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life.
Become one of our creators! Apply now
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: MELIHERDEM.KOCTEPE@KBC.BE
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on 17/01/2020
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.