What does this job entail?
Are you passionate about financial
concepts & products and are you eager to deepen your knowledge on
these topics? Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to be at the
forefront of the digital transformation that is taking place in the
financial services industry nowadays?
Then the Financial Markets Innovation Programme might be the perfect match for you!
At KBC, a leading bank-insurance player in the Benelux and Central-East Europe, we are currently looking for young, talented, result-driven people that are ready to onboard on the journey of the Financial Markets Innovation Programme (FMI Programme). During a 2-year period, you will be immersed in the fascinating world of corporate and investment banking.
Are you up for the challenge?
Through 4 accelerated rotations, the Financial Markets Innovation Programme of KBC offers you the opportunity to take on different roles in the various areas of corporate and investment banking. In every function, you will be able to learn from and work together with seasoned professionals.
Besides on-the-job learning, you will get the chance to turn your innovative ideas into reality in several projects, to take on increasing responsibility and to deliver work that is of true value to our business. In doing so, you will help shape KBC’s Corporate and Investment banking future from day one.
What do we expect from you?
What we expect from you…
- You have a keen interest in financial services and in the evolutions taking place within the domain of banking, which you can back-up with studies, professional experience or extracurriculars
- You are passionate about innovation and willing to work on transformative projects as part of your job
- You have a flexible mindset and are willing to take on the challenge to try several different roles & functions within a relatively short timespan
- You have outstanding analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, which you are always looking to further develop
- You are fluent in English; a good knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus
- You hold a Master’s degree; an additional Master’s is a plus
- You can demonstrate an excellent academic track record complemented by meaningful extracurricular activities (internship(s), international experience, own business, hobbies, sports …)
- You have a
maximum of 2 years of professional experience
What can we offer you?
What we offer you
- Varying job content in a dynamic working environment – The core of the FMI Programme is diversity in every sense: at KBC, we want our trainees to try on different hats before deciding which one fits best. Being able to taste & try out different domains will help you to gain a broad business, technical and product knowledge. To this end, trainees are actively stimulated to give direction when filling in their series of rotations. Areas like sales, trading, brokerage, specialized finance, trade finance, research or corporate finance are examples of possible rotations.
- Networking opportunities – Via the different roles you take on, you will be uniquely positioned to liaise with professionals from different departments at all seniority levels. Moreover, senior management will be directly involved throughout your whole traineeship. They will share their vision of KBC’s future with you and will support you whenever necessary. By joining this programme you also become part of KBC’s trainee community, where you can get inspired by your peers’ experiences and – equally important – have loads of fun.
- Opportunity to grow – As a trainee, you will benefit from on-the-job coaching & intensive training that will develop you personally as well as professionally. While trainees are encouraged to work autonomously, a direct manager, HR coach and mentor are there to give guidance when needed. Likewise, you can continuously count on the support of seasoned professionals in the field you will be working in.
- An exciting career path ahead – Successfully completing the FMI Programme gives you ample opportunities to take on a job in KBC Securities, KBC Financial Markets or Trade Finance. Via the 360° view gained throughout the 2-year track, trainees are well-positioned to take on meaningful roles within our organization.
Do you want to be part of the Financial Markets Innovation
Programme’s next generation?
Don’t hesitate any longer and apply now to fast track your career.
Be part of this exciting journey together with us!
Submit your CV & cover letter now and have a
chance at being invited to one of KBC's exclusive meet & greet dinners in
Brussels on Tuesday February 26, 2019 or Thursday February 28, 2019.
The application deadline for the Financial Markets Innovation Programme is February 17, 2019.
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities
- many different career opportunities
- a permanent contract
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life
- a dynamic working environment with an open
culture and pleasant atmosphere
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter: SARA.DEMOOR@KBC.BE
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 14/01/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.