What does this job entail?
In a changing market environment, where customer needs are more diverse and customer expectations are more personalized, KBC group wants to optimally use the growing “data footprint” of the market to become more customer centric and become a reference in data analytics and application of artificial intelligence.
KBC therefore wants to attract external capabilities that are highly advanced in exploiting, analysing and modelling data but most importantly, who are able to apply the insights in the business context.
Are you convinced that you want to join our team? Apply by clicking on the ‘apply’ button on this webpage. We friendly ask you to write an one-page motivational letter in English. We also request you to inform us about an indication of your salary expectations. We ask this information early in the recruitment process, to calculate the match between your expectations and the level of the vacancy. We will consider your application and give you feedback.
If you still have questions about the job content, contact the
What do we expect from you?
- Master's degree or PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or comparable field
- You are able to manage and analyse large data sets with analytic rigor by using the usual toolset of statistical and machine-learning methods, you have a good understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms and strategies for data processing, data/text mining and artificial intelligence and you are able to implement them in business context.
- You are
familiar with the standard data science stack like Python on Jupyter
Notebooks with Pandas, Scikit-learn, H2O.ai, Spark ML. Knowledge of
other tools like Tensorflow and Keras for AI, or R for statistical
analysis is a plus.
You are strong in exploratory analysis, finding and communicating stories found in the data. Knowledge of tools like D3.js and Bokeh could help.
- You have a certain understanding of relational and non-relational databases, can wrangle data in different formats like JSON, flat-files or relational tables and understand how the data is accessed by APIs and web applications. Web-scraping skills are an advantage.
- Having working experience with Artificial Intelligence, in the context of recommendation and personalization, using for example NLP, NLG, deep learning, reinforcement learning for applications like chat bots, image processing or voice analytics, is a big advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and ideally also Apache Spark. Knowledge and regular usage of version control systems is a plus
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about working with data both professionally and in leisure time.
- You have great drive and entrepreneurial attitude. You challenge your colleagues and yourself and drive ideas and initiatives forward at a start-up speed.
- You are a constant learner, easily adapting to a fast-paced environment. You have to be persistent, innovative, curious, pragmatic and creative when facing complex problems.
- You have excellent communication skills, can clearly present and visualize your work to others. You can communicate the outcomes of complicated analyses and make complex things simple without dropping the essence of the problem.
- You are self-driven and independent but you are not afraid to ask if you don’t know. Also, you are a good team player helping others and bringing good atmosphere to the team.
- Preferably, you have obtained these skills through working experience in a corporate environment or in a successful start-up. Knowledge in the field of financial services, marketing or client behaviour (banking industry, telecom) is strongly preferred.
- Most importantly, you have business
mentality and are proficient in turning data discoveries into
actionable insights creating value for the company.
Your key strengths
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter: email@example.com
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 21/09/2018
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.