What does this job entail?
Within KBC, the counterparty credit risk team is part of Risk Markets (part of Group Risk), overseeing the dealing room activities of KBC Group. Risk Markets, led by the CRO Markets, is responsible for:
- Supplying the Management Committee with an integrated and economic view of the risks involved in dealing room activities
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting of the risks in such a way that senior management can make decisions within the scope as outlined by the Group
- Providing support and advice on business proposals regarding capital and risk management
- Translating the risk ‘appetite’ to local limits for the various business lines
- Identifying and analysing risks in existing as well as new financial products, taking account of lessons learned in the past regarding daily risk management
- Translating, applying and managing group-wide risk guidelines at the level of the various entities within the KBC Group
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting xVA’s
Within the Risk Markets department, we are the center of excellence
for counterparty credit risk. To strengthen our team, we’re looking
for an Actuary Intern in the role of Counterparty Credit Risk
What do we expect from you?
As an Actuary Intern, you will be part of the CCR-team and will be responsible for counterparty credit risk follow-up and analysis. This entails amongst others following responsibilities:
- Follow-up of trading entities (KBC Dealing Room, local dealing rooms, …)
- Follow-up of the main business parties: Retail and Corporate network, FIG, … .
- Follow-up of methodological evolutions related to the Internal Model Method (EPE) including active involvement in the maintenance and development of the EPE model.
- Relationship management with business peers like the credit risk team, group risk, finance, …
- Close follow-up of regulatory changes
- Close follow-up of Valuation Adjustment evolutions
As a team member of Risk Markets you will therefore measure, monitor and analyse which (counterparty) risks are present in the various dealing room activities within the group and ensure that senior management is well informed of the development of these risks as well as the capital impact they have. Senior management uses the results of these analyses directly as an element in their decision-making process.
Your key strenghts?
- You are pursuing a Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences.
- You are eager to learn: a specialised training programme will be provided covering the various domains with a focus on the risk aspects.
- A first experience in the financial markets is an advantage, interest in financial markets is essential.
- Analytical thinking is what you do best: ability to manage data, including figures in an organised and structured manner. Accuracy is an absolute must.
- You also have good quantitative skills: ability to understand complex methodologies, analyzing model performance and defining remediating actions (in cooperation with the modelling department).
- Excel has no secrets to you. SQL/SAS is an advantage.
- As a team player a flexible, dynamic and problem-solving approach is your standard way of working.
- A good level of spoken and written English is necessary: all written communication is in English, and English is the official language used for the majority of the personal contacts. Risk Markets team members have frequent personal contact with our internal clients as well as with KBC Group senior management, whereby well-prepared communication is important.
What can we offer you?
Extensive training opportunities are offered within group risk. Together, we define a training track for your first year (tailored depending on prior experience and profile). Both your needs regarding knowledge and skills will be addressed via this personalized training plan. In addition, you will get the chance to enter in multiple optional information sessions, not limited to your own job/domain. All we ask in return is that you put all what you learn to good use.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on DD/MM/JJJJ
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.