What does this job entail?
Withing KBC, you will be part of the risk management team (Risk
Markets, part of Group Risk) overseeing the dealing room activities of
the KBC Group. It is the center of competence for market risk and an
ideal place to gain insight into the dynamics, challenges and risks
related to dealing room activities.
This vacancy for an Actuary internship is more specific situated in the Trading Risk Reporting and Analysis Team.
The risk function - led by the Chief Risk Officer Markets & Treasury - is responsible for:
• Supplying the Management Committee with an integrated and economic view of the risks involved in dealing room activities
• Measuring, monitoring and reporting of the risks in such a way that senior management can make decisions
• Providing support and advice on business proposals regarding capital and risk management
• Translating the risk ‘appetite’ to local limits for the various business lines
• Identifying and analyzing risks in existing as well as new financial products, taking account of lessons learned in the past regarding daily risk management.
• Translating, applying and managing group-wide risk guidelines at the level of the various entities within the KBC Group.
• Analyzing and implementing regulatory rules related to trading risk and reporting accordingly.
What do we expect from you?
As a team member of Risk Markets you will measure, monitor and
analyze which risks are present in the various dealing room activities
within the group, and ensure that senior management is well informed
of the development of these risks as well as the capital impact they
have. Senior management uses the results of these analyses directly as
an element in their decision-making process.
For this specific internship we are looking for candidates also able to translate new requirements formulated by our business partners and regulators into the risk frameworks & systems used.
This is realized by:
• Keeping regular contact and communication with our trading entities and traders.
• Close follow-up of regulatory material and contact with the NBB or ECB when appropriate.
• Regular contacts with business peers like the Market Risk Calculation team, Credit/Counterparty Risk team and other teams and departments of Group Risk.
• Collaboration with colleagues within the team for the methodological development, limit management and reporting.
• Being acquainted with the systems used by our business (Murex, IBS, Sophis, …)
• Formulating requirements and collaborating with our ICT colleagues.
Within this department you will have direct contact with the
financial markets and the opportunity to build up an international
network. You will work in a rapidly changing environment, in terms of
changes in the regulatory framework as well as new products and
Your key strenghts?
• You are pursuing a Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences.
• A first experience in the financial markets is an advantage, interest in the vitality of the financial markets is essential.
• You are eager to learn: a training on the job will be provided covering the various domains with a focus on the risk aspects.
• You have good analytical capacities; ability to manage data, including figures in an organized and structured manner. Accuracy is an absolute must.
• A good knowledge of Excel and/or VBA/SQL/SAS is an advantage.
• As a team player a flexible, dynamic and problem-solving approach is your standard way of working. Short deadlines are no issue for you.
• A good level of spoken and written English is necessary: all written communication is in English, and English is the official language used for the majority of the personal contacts. Risk Markets team members have frequent personal contact with our internal clients as well as with KBC Group senior management, whereby well-prepared communication is important.
What can we offer you?
Extensive training opportunities are offered within group risk. Together, we define a training track for your first year (tailored depending on prior experience and profile). Both your needs regarding knowledge and skills will be addressed via this personalized training plan. In addition, you will get the chance to enter in multiple optional information sessions, not limited to your own job/domain. All we ask in return is that you put all what you learn to good use.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: mailto:email@example.com
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on 19/11/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.