What does this job entail?
You will be part of a team in which diversity rocks: 8 ladies and 8 men, young and experienced, and with several nationalities. The team is responsible for designing, managing and reviewing credit risk models. These models express risks in figures based on statistical analysis and credit expertise. In a quickly evolving international context, these models are increasingly important for KBC: they are used in the credit process, for portfolio management, for the calculation of regulatory capital requirements and impairments, … The models that are managed in our team are developed and applied on the Belgian and group wide credit portfolios of KBC.
We are looking for three more colleagues eager to join our team and
contribute to our great team spirit. Depending on your
preferences, you can work from Leuven or from Brussels.
What do we expect from you?
• You build statistical models to predict the creditworthiness of
• You follow up and improve the performance of existing models, taking into account regulatory changes and portfolio evolutions.
• You collaborate with colleagues who are involved in the use of the models.
• You report to the senior management, audit and supervisors.
• Through the support of your teammates, you follow extensive on-the-job trainings.
Your key strenghts?
• You are passionate about quantitative analyses.
• You are interested in the banking sector.
• You take initiative, recognize problems and look spontaneously for solutions.
• You properly deal with deadlines and work results-oriented.
• You communicate fluently in English, both in writing and orally.
• You are able to present complex issues in a clear and structured way.
• You are a team player.
• You are eager to learn and you quickly pick up new concepts.
Your education and background:
• Master degree in economics, applied economics (preferably with a quantitative specialization), master in mathematics, physics or engineering sciences. Having a PhD in one of these areas is a plus.
• Having around two to five years of experience is an advantage, but not required. Recent graduates are also considered for this position.
• Knowledge of SAS, R and advanced Excel skills is a plus, but trainings will be provided.
• Some experience with machine learning is welcome, though not required.
What can we offer you?
• A very attractive offer of education and development
• Diverse career opportunities.
• A permanent contract.
• A competitive salary package, supplemented with a vast package of advantages and personnel conditions on our bank and insurance products.
• A good work-life balance.
• A dynamical working environment with an open culture and a pleasant working atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: mailto:email@example.com
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on 19/11/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.