What does this job entail?
For a financial institution such as KBC, risk management has become
increasingly important. Being able to accurately measure and analyse
the many risks you are exposed to is one of the fundamentals for sound
risk management. Within Group Risk (G-RISK), Integrated and Treasury
Risk Measurement (IRT-RMU) does just that: we provide our many
internal clients with facts & figures and thorough analysis, all
presented in an appealing, easy-to-understand way. But it doesn’t stop
there seeing that IRT is constantly working on bringing risk
measurement to the next level through a series of big & small
What do we expect from you?
Are you eager to learn how KBC gets a view on the risks it is exposed to? And this for all of KBC’s core activities (credits, insurance, treasury, asset management …)? Do you get a kick out of analyzing a lot of information? Does presenting all of the results in an easy-to-understand, attractive way appeals to you? Then the internship function as risk advisor within Integrated and Treasury Risk Measurement offers you an unique opportunity. Moreover, you will be part of a enthousiastic team that actively supports you and helps you grow.
During your internship you will …
• Broaden your horizon towards all insurance entities within KBC group
• Learn how we quantify the Asset-liability management (ALM) risk profile of KBC Insurance, but also the banking entities
• Acquire knowledge of third party commercial risk-measurement software used in KBC for ALM measurement
• Be able to develop further the current quantification and analysis of the ALM risk measures.
• Sharpen your analytical skills and learn to gather and challenge information needed to obtain our own view on the capital needed to support the business.
Furthermore, you will …
• Collaborate intensively with colleagues from many different functions and countries (Local Risk, Treasury, Finance,….)
• Strengthen your communication skills so that you can easily explain evolutions in a clear way towards a varied audience, which includes top management.
Your key strengths
From a technical point of view
• You have a Master degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial
Engineering, … or equal by experience.
• You are currently an actuarial science student.
• You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
From a personal point of view
• You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments
independently when necessary.
• You are dynamic, creative and show initiative.
• You like working in an international context.
• You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way.
• You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines.
• You are eager to learn but also to share knowledge. You have a drive to continuously extend your knowledge and explore different areas of risk (management).
Published on 06/11/2018
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.