What does this job entail?
De traineeship for an actuary is situated within the actuarial
function at KBC Group level, assisting the Group Actuarial Function
Holder. In close collaboration with the risk management teams at Group
Risk (especially with the insurance team), we address the internal and
regulatory Solvency II requirements regarding the actuarial function
at the level of KBC Group. Furthermore, on international level, we
give guidance to and coordinate between the actuarial functions of all
(re-) insurance entities of KBC Group.
What do we expect from you?
You will support the Actuarial Function Holder at KBC Group.
Dependent on the profile of the new colleague the traineeship can be
oriented towards a more methodological/analytical or to a more
group-wide coordinating role. Indeed, the possible domains are quite
diverse, and include:
- monitor and challenge the methods used for the calculation of the technical provisions at group level and local level;
- from the practice gained from previous point feed with new insights our methodological guidance to the local entities;
- develop new methodologies and processes supporting back-testing requirements;
- build-up practical procedures in the field of assessing the uncertainty and volatility surrounding the calculation of the technical provisions;
- support the actuarial function in following up on IFRS 17;
- challenge and feed the group-wide methodology and procedures for measuring profitability of insurance products;
- develop methods to support the process of assessing the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements;
- give input and assist in writing the actuarial function report;
- think out-of -the-box on new challenges coming our way through the digital revolution ;
- collaborate and interface with the colleagues of the insurance risk team.
Your key strenghts?
- You obtained or are obtaining a Master in the actuarial sciences and financial engineering.
- Strong analytical skills and punctual way of working.You possess the feeling to bring to surface the story beyond the data.
- You can make abstraction of the detail, and move to the next, more conceptual, level.
- Good social and communication skills: you can explain complex matters in a clear, simple and structured way, also to non-experts.
- You see the digital evolution as an opportunity within the profession.
- Fluent English (both speaking and writing).
- Computer skills: Excel.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career
- an exceptional
range of training and development
- many different career opportunities,
competitive salary package, including an extensive package of
additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking
and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate
your work and private life,
- a dynamic working
environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter:email@example.com
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 28/05/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.