What does this job entail?
We at Group Credit Risk ensure that credit risk is managed across KBC’s home markets in line with KBC’s ambition to be the reference in sustainable profitable growth and with KBC’s role in society. Our accountability includes managing the risk appetite of KBC and challenging our business units on their approach to credit risk. Next to this, we advise and decide together with business on material credits.
The job is situated within the Policy unit of the Group Credit Risk.
We build and maintain credit risk standards to manage credit risk
across KBC and to provide compliance with the prudential regulation
for credit risk. As such, the Policy unit’s regular contacts include
international contacts with credit and credit risk teams of KBC’s
business units in 6 countries as well as other group functions (such
as finance and risk) and KBC’s senior management. We play a key role
in facilitating and representing Group Credit Risk in credit (risk)
communities, steering committees and project teams.
What do we expect from you?
Just an example:
Once new Basel IV regulation is published, you, as one of the first in KBC, read the regulation in detail, you communicate to stakeholders internally what Basel IV means, calculate the impact on capital and lead the project to become compliant when Basel IV is adopted by Europe – and that is a lot.
The official version:
Taking into account new external regulatory developments and/or internal credit risk concerns, you analyse the current situation, translate the new developments or risk concerns in a to be situation. You document the requirements into group wide standards which will become applicable to all entities and potentially all lending segments throughout KBC. You lead the international project team with the credit and/or credit risk representatives from 6 countries. You propose the resulting standards for approval to the KBC’s senior risk committees. You communicate these standards to the local credit and/or credit risk departments. You monitor and report on the progress of implementation in the entities as to assure a group wide compliance with the new standards set.
Your key strengths
- Masters degree in Banking and Finance, STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) or Legal affairs (with dedicated numerical focus).
- A professional background of 5 years in credit, credit risk or risk modelling is highly desirable.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex regulatory material into clear and well-structured text.
- Proven projectlead with experts in an international context;
- Eagerness to learn and to share your expert knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
Training will be mainly ‘on the job’. You will start with one of the afore-mentioned tasks and gradually build up towards several tasks and responsibilities.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 21/09/2018
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.