What does this job entail?
Within Group Finance division Experts, Reporting & Accounting (ERA) is responsible for a number of finance activities, including but not limited to providing advice to the senior management of KBC on certain key assumptions around reporting.
We are looking for someone in the IFRS Challengers team on insurance.
The IFRS Challengers team is situated within team GRE, Financial reporting CONSO & IFRS Challengers.
- The opportunity to interact with senior management by providing input on key decisions in the context of financial reporting.
- Internal and external visibility as an expert in insurance.
- A diversified job with a broad view on the insurance activities in KBC Group.
- A flexible, dynamic, multicultural environment with an open and pleasant working atmosphere.
- A steep induction and continuous training and
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for a new colleague who will join the team as a Financial Analyst Insurance challenger, more specific for following 2 domains:
- Employee benefits for own personnel
Your tasks will include:
- Understand the liabilities recognized by the insurance company towards their policy holders (IFRS4 & IFRS17). In other words: understand/challenge the outcome of the mathematical and statistical models used in the insurance sector to calculate their insurance liabilities and to determine possible deficiencies.
- Understand the pension (IAS 19 employee benefits) calculations to make sure that no ‘black box’ results are being reported.
- Provide assurance on the correctness and the IFRS compliancy of the reported figures.
- Ad hoc advice to the Group different entities and management with respect to the interpretation of relevant IFRS principles, in close cooperation with the IFRS centre of excellence, and regarding the insurance business related questions.
- Attend the finance working group within Assuralia, the Belgian federation of insurance companies.
and learn IFRS 17 as this new IFRS standard for insurance contracts
changes the way insurance liabilities are measured and as such the
challenging of the insurance financial figures will change
intensely. The insurance challenger will need to develop, in close
cooperation with the IFRS7 program members, new methodology on how
challenging will be done under IFRS17 insurance contracts.
Your key strengths
- Master’s degree in Applied Economics or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an insurance environment or in a Big 4 audit firm with experience in the financial service sector (banking/insurance/pension) or actuarial services.
- Analytical mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- The motivation to integrate into our team and its supportive culture.
- A self-starter with the desire to continuously develop your knowledge and skill.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'. They'll also tell you how you yourself can monitor your application's progress.
Published on 21/09/2018
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.