Wat houdt deze vacature in?
The KBC Group Finance division is mainly based at the headquarters of KBC Group in Brussels and is responsible for financial analyses, financial reporting (both internal and external) and the financial planning on KBC Group level. The most important clients of Group Finance are the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of KBC Group, but also the supervisory authorities (such as the National Bank and the ECB) and indirectly – via Investor Relations – the financial markets. By being a member of the Group Finance division you will be in the heart of the group and you will have intense contacts with top management and the various subsidiaries in the group.
The vacancy is within the IFRS/Bgaap Centre of Excellence (part of the Group Finance division). This team is responsible for the follow up of the IFRS accounting standards (International Financial Reporting Standards), the translation into KBC Valuation Rules, and ensures a timely implementation (both content-wise as operational) of the new standards within KBC. Additionally, the IFRS team is monitoring the correct and uniform use of the IFRS standards throughout KBC Group’s subsidiaries.
Majority of the team is located in BRUhav2, but other locations are also possible.
Are you convinced that you want to join our team? Apply by clicking
on the ‘apply’ button on this webpage. We friendly ask you to write an
one-page motivational letter in English. We also request you to inform
us about an indication of your salary expectations. We ask this
information early in the recruitment process, to calculate the match
between your expectations and the level of the vacancy. We will
consider your application and give you feedback.If you still have
questions about the job content, contact Nadine Verbelen, IFRS Centre
of Excellence, tel.: 0477 87 07 12.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
As IFRS Expert within the IFRS Centre of Excellence you will in first instance have a specialized content role. For example, you give advice on the current IFRS standards in response to a planned transaction or in the context of the quarterly closing. In addition you monitor IFRS developments closely and translate these to the specific impact on the KBC Group. The intention is that you will gradually become an expert in specific IFRS material and within KBC become the contact person for all questions and advice related to your area of expertise. As such you will come into contact with various departments and subsidiaries of the entire KBC Group and you will have regular meetings with our auditor.
Currently a number of new standards are being implemented which will have a major impact on financial institutions such as KBC (e.g. IFRS 9 regarding financial instruments and IFRS 17 regarding insurance contracts). A project structure has already been established for these new standards. Next to that a number of other changes are upcoming like IFRS 16 (lease), for which an impact assessment is to be performed. The purpose of this is to ensure that the entire KBC Group is ready on time for the application of these new standard. As IFRS Expert you will cooperate on the implementation of these changes within KBC. As such close cooperation with and understanding the business is a must.
Within KBC we have also established an IFRS Community together with
the IFRS experts at the various KBC entities in Belgium and abroad.
This Community aims to share knowledge and expertise and to create a
platform for discussion throughout the KBC Group. You will help shape
this Community by organizing IFRS theme days, contributing to the IFRS
newsletter, giving training, and so on.
- You have a master's degree in an economic discipline.
- You have thorough IFRS knowledge
- You have 4-8 years of relevant experience (audit firm or financial institution) preferably at least 3 years at one of the Big 4 audit firms (financial services),
- You prefer to work in a position that requires specialist expertise.
- You can work independently; you enjoy taking the initiative, are critical and have substantial analytical capacity.
- You enjoy having contact with colleagues working in our offices abroad.
- You consider your internal client and you communicate clearly and with conviction (good knowledge of English is required given that this is the language of most documents and many of the meetings). Knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus.
- You are flexible and can cope with stress.
Wat hebben we je te bieden?
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
Gepubliceerd op 22/01/2018
Vul onderstaande velden in, voeg je CV toe en klik op 'sollicitatie
Alle velden moeten ingevuld worden.