Description of the internship
Every bank needs to manage its risks. One step in this process is to rate our clients and assess what the probability is that they would stop paying back their loans. We have been doing this for many years, but we think we can do better.
For some clients, ratings are still created using Excel tools. We want to stop using this process, and switch to a more powerful solution using an actual (own built) rating tool. We have a tool that can support this, and now we want to move these models from Excel to the tool.
On top of this, we want to upgrade this tool to increase usability, automate data feeds and simplify processes. For both requirements, we are counting on you!
When? We’re aiming for early 2019, but have the flexibility to align with you and your class schedule.
Where? The main part of this internship takes place in
Brussels (don’t worry, it’s quite easy to reach). However, we also
have the option to work in Leuven or Ghent on specific days, if that
suits you better.
What do we expect from you?
- Together with your colleagues - both business and IT - you replace all Excel models.
- You improve the tool, and make sure it is easy and user-friendly for those people that were used to Excel.
- You set up data feeds to and from the tool, to make sure people don’t have to enter data twice. We’ll just get the data we already have in other systems.
- You integrate this data into the rainbow program, which is setting up a new groupwide data warehouse.
What's in it for you?
- You will get a 5 day “bootcamp training” to get you started using KBC’s approach.
- You get an opportunity to improve an existing tool that is used in multiple entities of the KBC group, and make life easier for all users.
- You will get
responsibility, the opportunity to bring your ideas and realise
- You will get a personal coach and mentor to support you during your entire internship.
- The opportunity to demonstrate your realisation to real-life users and senior management.
We are looking for
- An enthusiastic colleague who wants to build a tool that users are happy to use …
- … but is not afraid to offer own ideas and input, because - let’s be honest - users don’t always know what it is they want.
- (Base) knowledge of the .Net framework, the C# language of Microsoft, oracle database and SQL, to get a good start in the bootcamp.
- An opportunity to meet you!
Gepubliceerd op 18/09/2018
Vul onderstaande velden in, voeg je CV toe en klik op 'sollicitatie
Alle velden moeten ingevuld worden.