What does this job entail?
We are looking for a new colleague to join the International Cash Clearing (ICC) Team. As the Advisor Compliance Risk, you report to the Head of ICC and you will cover compliance risk aspects of our business with other Financial Institutions.
You will have the following responsibilities:
Compliance support for our ICC business activities and regulatory reporting.
- Identification of compliance risks in our business activities and development of adequate measures to mitigate these risks in line with the Compliance department.
- Further implementation and improvement of strong compliance monitoring policies and procedures on the payment flows of the financial institutions (KYT – Know Your Transactions).
- Together with compliance, manage and further optimize the decision framework for handling alerts on payments of other financial institutions.
- Taking up the responsibility for the execution of the controls on the payment flows of financial institutions together with the people of the first line monitoring in SSC Brno.
- Performing the regulatory reporting activities on the first line controls.
- On request, investigate and evaluate the compliance risks of specific banks based on their payments transactions and all context information available about the banks.
Support for the further development of our ICC business
- Give input to the Sales colleagues in the team and Network Management when compliance risk questions need to be answered in questionnaires from correspondents.
- Deliver regularly reports with risk signals regarding the payments flows of Vostro accountholders (based on input from several sources (Compliance Analytics, Intix, Netreveal, queries on the payments processing in SSC Brno, …).
Involvement in FIG
- Support, train and advise FIG staff members on compliance risk topics regarding the payment flows of Vostro accountholders.
- Participate in FIG context, both day to day and in projects whenever your knowledge and experience regarding compliance risk of the payment flows of correspondents is needed (link KYC / KYT).
We offer you:
• A challenging and broad function with autonomy and room for self-development
• Opportunity to build up knowledge in a wide range of activities
• Opportunity to expand your internal as well as external network
• A job in an international environment
What do we expect from you?
Within KBC group, the “Financial Institutions Group” (“FIG”) assumes global responsibility for the Financial Institutions’ client segment consisting of Bank FI’s worldwide and Non-Bank FI’s (insurance companies, asset managers, brokers etc.) outside KBC “home” markets.
The client segment responsibility involves the following roles :
- “Coverage” through a team of Relationship Managers organized by geography
- Direct Sales responsibility for Cash Clearing and Trade Finance
- First line risk management
- Centralized Customer Administration including Client Acceptance
- Centralized management of distressed FI’s
- Group wide network management for Cash Clearing
International Cash Clearing (ICC) is a team of 9 people within FIG with an own P&L that covers both sales and procurement responsibilities:
- Due to our sales efforts, more than 400 banks have accounts in our books and use KBC for the processing of payments (mainly although not exclusively in euro).
- At network side, due to
the cooperation with more than 60 banks, we facilitate the execution
of payments in foreign currencies for all entities of KBC
Your key strenghts?
This job can be a good opportunity for you, if you (preferably you tick a significant number of the following boxes):
- Own a Master’s Degree or equivalent;
- Have good analytical skills and are fluent at manipulating and analyzing big data in different formats, applications and databases;
- Are eager to be part of the payments business and the international financial institutions environment;
- Are a clear and effective communicator in Dutch and English, in meetings and in writing;
- Are a self-starter, creative and open to work on new challenges;
- Are someone who likes to work autonomously and have clear own responsibilities;
- Are a team player, who likes to share knowledge and findings and contribute effectively to the results of the ICC - FIG team;
- Are able to perform under business pressure, prioritize effectively and deliver timely the requested output.
What can we offer you?
We offer you:
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with
an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on 21/10/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.