What does this job entail?
Are you eager to learn how KBC gets a view on the risks it is exposed to for its insurance companies? Then the Actuary internship function as risk advisor within the Risk Centre Insurance (RCI) offers you an unique opportunity. Moreover, you will be part of an enthusiastic team that actively supports you and helps you grow. The insurance team is set up at Group Risk to create a strong organizational center of gravity for all insurance related topics within KBC Group.
The responsibilities of the team are therefore quite various such as:
• Solvency II calculations for KBC Group and its insurance subsidiaries;
• Completion of the quarterly and annual QRT templates for KBC Insurance Group and its insurance subsidiaries;
• Group wide identification and reporting of all risks within the insurance companies;
• Coordination and final editor of all Solvency II reporting such as ORSA report, RSR and SFCR.
• Liquidity calculations for the insurance companies;
• Monitoring of Solvency II ratios;
• Support stress testing (on request from NBB, EIOPA, IMF, etc.);
• Determining economic capital for insurance risks for KBC Insurance Group and pension funds of KBC Group;
• Defining reinsurance limits;
• Support the actuarial function holder;
• Coordinate and challenge life profitability through the Value of New Business and Value of Business in Force measures;
• Coordinate & challenge Non-Life economic profitability;
• Manage guidelines related to best estimates, capital requirements, etc..;
• Manage the technical insurance risk framework and ensure its implementation throughout the
What do we expect from you?
During your internship you will …
- Broaden your horizon towards all insurance entities within KBC group
- Learn how we identify and quantify the risks of KBC Insurance Group and its subsidiaries
- Acquire knowledge of third party commercial risk-measurement software used in KBC for Solvency II calculation and reporting
- Sharpen your analytical skills and learn to gather and challenge information needed to obtain our own view on the capital needed to support the business.
- Report on the identified risks and the recurrent measurements.
Furthermore, you will …
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues from many different functions and countries (Local Risk,Treasury, Finance,….)
- Strengthen your communication skills so that you can easily explain evolutions in a clear way towards a varied audience, which includes top management.
Your key strenghts?
From a technical point of view,
• You are currently pursuing a Master degree in Actuarial Sciences (an already obtained Master degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering, Mathematics or equal by experience is a plus);
• You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
From a personal point of view,
• You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments independently when necessary;
• You are dynamic, creative and show initiative;
• You like working in an international context;
• You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way;
• You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines;
• You are eager to learn but also to share knowledge. You have a drive to continuously extend your knowledge and explore different areas of risk (management).
What can we offer you?
Extensive training opportunities are offered within group risk. Together, we define a training track for your first year (tailored depending on prior experience and profile). Both your needs regarding knowledge and skills will be addressed via this personalized training plan. In addition, you will get the chance to enter in multiple optional information sessions, not limited to your own job/domain. All we ask in return is that you put all what you learn to good use.
If you have any further questions about the job content, please
contact the recruiter: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can only apply using the form below. We cannot accept applications via e-mail.
And don't forget to check out our frequently asked questions as posed by other 'creators'.
Published on 19/11/2019
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.