What does this job entail?
ALM Insurance department is a subteam of 4 people within Group Treasury and is working exclusively for KBC Verzekeringen and its international insurance subsidiaries.
ALM Insurance is responsible for
- the integrated balance sheet management for the Insurance business, managing the gap between assets (investments) and the liabilities stemming from the insurance products. ALM insurance defines the investment strategy and frameworks. Currently the investment strategy consists of fixed income (sovereign bonds, corporate bonds, direct credits, mortgages), equity & real estate. The main front office tasks are outsourced to KBC AM and the KBC real estate department. As such ALM Insurance is an important contributor to the financial results of KBC Verzekeringen;
- monitoring the cash and liquidity position of the insurer and manage the accounting volatility
- providing support in relevant capital management decisions
- want to make the bridge between insurance liabilities and the corresponding investments.
- are interested in financial markets and treasury activities.
- want to have frequent contacts with colleagues from the actuarial department, product development, asset and risk management.
- are interested to have more insight in the drivers of the PnL of KBC Group.
Then an internship at group treasury is an excellent idea!
What do we expect from you?
As a stagiair actuaris you will be part of the ALM Insurance team and
- analyse Solvency II liability cash flows and translate them in corresponding investments which optimize the PnL and balance sheet quality of KBC insurance within the risk appetite of KBC Group.
- review the inflation sensitivity of the non-life cash flows and update the investment strategy to reduce the inflation risk.
- follow up of financial markets, with a focus on bonds, interest rates and equity markets
- monitor and report on the interest rate position, the asset mix, and other aspects of the portfolio and balance sheet.
- provide financial planning for the financial income of KBC Insurance, including ex-post monitoring and reporting on it to finance.
- cash management of KBC Insurance
Your key strengths
- From a technical point of view,
You are currently an actuarial science master student or a student master in insurances with a strong interest in financial markets.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
From a personal point of view,
- Team player – working in relatively small interchangeable team of specialized people;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Diplomatic – able to reconcile differences in opinion;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to manage and present information in a well-ordered and structured way;
- Strong drive - goal oriented;
- Quantitative profile with affinity for economic/financial world (experience in asset management, investments, …) or a strong economic profile with affinity for mathematics (e.g. actuarial science, econometrics, financial engineering, statistics, ...);
If you have any further questions about this internship? Send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will bring you in contact with the right KBC-colleague.
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.