Wat houdt deze vacature in?
This internship is specifically meant for students (1st or 2nd master in Insurances or Financial and Actuarial Engineering) !
This position is situated within the Life & Health Product Policy & Management Department in the Life Insurance Actuarial Services support division, which is charged with monitoring the return, risk and capital charge of Life and Health Insurances within KBC Insurance and proactively improving all this through:
- providing actuarial support
- for projects, statutory amendments, ad hoc requests
- for management systems and EUC calculation tools
- accounting tasks with actuarial links (profit sharing, ageing reserves, flashing light for reserves)
- using cash flow models to conduct studies on premiums and carry out valuations
- being a discussion partner for ALM policy and risk management
- monitoring reinsurance
Possible traineeship assignments
- Premium rate setting for certain Life, Death or Health products
- Providing actuarial support for group insurance schemes
- Contributing to the preparations for Solvency II:
- establishing parameter studies
- modelling specific product terms and conditions for Life, Death and Health Insurance
Are you convinced that you want to join our team? Register your
candidature via the ‘apply’ button on this webpage. We friendly ask
you to write an one-page motivational letter in English and to give us
also an indication from which date you are available to start with the
internship and when you plan to graduate. We will consider your
application and give you soon feedback.
If you still have questions about the content of the internship, contact the recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to go through the Frequently Asked Questions of other ‘Creators’. You can also find out there how to monitor the status of your application.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
1. Actuarial support for Life & Health
- Support for actuarial calculations related to
- Group insurance
- Classic and Modern individual insurance
- Health insurance within the framework of
- ad hoc requests from clients, advisers or internal employees
- annual actuarial cost price calculations for large group insurance schemes
- statutory amendments
- projects with actuarial elements
- Support for actuarial calculations in management systems
- comprehensive support for Biomibis and customised systems (analysis and testing)
- limited support for other management systems (TP_PO, TP_PL, TP_SA, Alis, etc.)
- Support for the development of EUC calculation tools for calculations which are not in the standard management systems (e.g., exotic formulas in group insurance schemes, quotation tool for high capital policies, etc.)
2. Accounting tasks
In principle, the accounting tasks are assigned to financial reporting, but the following tasks have such an actuarial content that these have been assigned to Life Insurance Actuarial Services:
- Monthly calculation of
- the mathematical reserves for the classical group portfolios in Biomibis and customised systems
- flashing light for reserves
- ageing reserves
- profit sharing
- Determining policy concerning flashing light for reserves, ageing reserves and profit sharing
- Quarterly valuation of the group insurance schemes for the KBC subsidiaries, according to IAS19 standards
3. Cash flow projections of the Life and Health Insurance liabilities
Life Insurance Actuarial Services is responsible for making cash flow projections for the liabilities of Life and Health Insurance products which are then used for various purposes (e.g., return calculations, ALM management, Solvency II capital calculations, etc.). In order to generate cash flow projections, Life Insurance Actuarial Services undertakes the following tasks:
- Developing models for generating cash flow projections in various software (Prophet or VBA in Excel or Access)
- Determining non-economic parameters (e.g., estimates of future mortality, maturities, rehabilitation chances, etc.) as input for the projection models
- Supporting ICT and EUC when defining policy data as input for these models
4. Monitoring the economic performance of Life and Health Insurance
Life Insurance Actuarial Services is responsible for monitoring the economic performance of Life and Health Insurance products. It does this:
- at portfolio level through calculation of
- Life Insurance embedded value
- Health insurance commercial results
- at product level
- by setting premiums when a new product is launched
- by reviewing premiums when products are changed
- periodically for new policies in the past period
This expertise is occasionally also used to value an external portfolio or another insurance company.
5. Monitoring risk associated with Life and Health Insurance products
The product risks translate to the necessary capital charge for which the Life Insurance Actuarial Services undertakes the following tasks:
- Solvency I
- Providing input for the policy to optimise this capital
- Solvency II
- Making cash flow projections for calculating the technical insurance risks
- Analysing Solvency II capital for Life and Health products together with local risk management in Belgium
- Providing input for the policy to optimise this capital
- Economic capital
- Contributing to the methodology to determine this capital with KBC Group Risk Management
- Monitoring the results and relevant policy
The income and risks arising from investing Life Insurance assets form a key component of the Life Insurance results. The first-line responsibility for this lies with the Insurance ALM Department, but in Life Insurance Actuarial Services:
- we devise cash flow profiles for the liabilities as input for asset management
- we are discussion partner for ALM policy
Reinsurance within Life and Health Insurance is limited to high death benefits and high interest rates in guaranteed income. The first-line responsibility for this lies with the Reinsurance Department, but Life Insurance Actuarial Services undertakes the following tasks:
- Drawing up the annual statements for the reinsurer
- Contributing to the reinsurance drafts with the Reinsurance Department
8. Advisory role
Life Insurance Actuarial Services has an advisory role towards management, product management, etc. regarding all actuarial facets of Life and Health Insurance products. In order to fulfil this advisory role, it is essential that the actuaries have up-to-date knowledge of all these aspects. This requires that they:
- monitor legislation, NBB notices and circulars, Assuralia opinions, etc.
- actively participate in internal forums where these aspects are discussed
- actively participate in Assuralia working groups, IA/BE, external seminars, etc. to acquire sector knowledge
- actively share knowledge with the KBC
subsidiaries in Central Europe
From a technical point of view,
- You are currently a student (1st or 2nd master in Insurances or Financial and Actuarial Engineering).
- Knowledge of Dutch is required
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
From a personal point of view,
- You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments independently when necessary.
- You are dynamic, creative and show initiative.
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way.
- You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines.
- You are eager to learn but also to share knowledge. You have a drive to continuously extend your knowledge.
Wat hebben we je te bieden?
Heb je nog vragen over de functie-inhoud? Contacteer dan de
Raadpleeg zeker de Frequently Asked Questions van andere ‘Makers’. Daar ontdek je ook hoe je de status van je sollicitatie zelf kan opvolgen.
Gepubliceerd op 27/04/2018
Vul onderstaande velden in, voeg je CV toe en klik op 'sollicitatie
Alle velden moeten ingevuld worden.