Going on holiday soon? If so, make sure that you are well prepared before you leave. No doubt, you've got your travel documents and your first aid kit ready. But have you sorted out your insurance? And how are you going to pay while you're away? Go through the KBC holiday checklist of everything you might need, so that you can enjoy a well-earned worry-free break!
I’m going on holiday and I’m taking along ...
If you are heading off, we recommend you take out travel insurance. You decide which options to include in the policy (luggage cover, cancellation cover, travel accident cover, etc.) and whether it's for a single trip or the whole year. The choice is yours.
Insurance for driving on holiday
If you intend to drive when on holiday, you won't be able go out on the road without having third-party liability insurance. This insurance covers the damage you cause in an accident if you're at fault.
If you are leaving on holiday in your own car, it's a good idea to have more extensive cover.
- All risks or fully comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your own car, even if you're at fault.
- Partial or semi-comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your own car caused by theft, glass breakage, forces of nature, fire or gnawing by pine martens.
- Thanks to legal assistance insurance, you receive expert advice and legal assistance if you're involved in a claim
- Driver accident insurance covers physical injury resulting from an accident, even if you're at fault.
- Thanks to KBC Assist cover, your entire family will receive travel assistance worldwide, regardless of the means of transport used.
Insurance to protect your family while on holiday
But what if you are involved in an accident abroad?
Accidents can happen before you know it, including when you are abroad. Fortunately, you can contact us any time, anywhere for:
- help with car insurance claims
- help with family insurance claims
- help with hospitalisation claims
Need to talk with a specialist? That’s perfectly possible, too. Just call + 32 16 43 29 15.
Paying in cash
If you prefer to use cash when you're away, we try to make things as easy as possible for you:
- Order your foreign currency in advance through KBC Touch or in your branch.
- Use the Maestro facility on your bank card to withdraw cash.
- Withdraw cash all over the world using your credit card or prepaid card.
Convinced of the benefits of paying with plastic? It's as easy as one, two, three with your credit card or prepaid card.
Your credit card: the multi-purpose solution
Whether it's from the day you decide to go on holiday until the moment you return home, your KBC credit card is the ideal way to arrange and check all your payments.
- Before you leave: book your holiday in just a few minutes.
- While travelling: pay tolls and fill up in seconds.
- At your destination: pay using your card and PIN in shops, restaurants and care hire companies.
- Back home: check your holiday expenditure in KBC Touch or KBC Mobile and stagger repayment of what you've spent on your card.
Carefree travel with KBC's range of apps!
Before you leave: Easily activate your bank card and/or debit
card for worldwide use in KBC Mobile if you are
planning a trip outside Europe. Order your currency using
KBC Touch if you'd rather pay in cash.
- While travelling: Immediately get the right help using KBC Assist if you have a car accident or break down on holiday.
- At your destination: Quickly check the balance available on your account or your credit card during your trip using KBC Mobile.
A few more useful holiday tips
- Before you leave, gather together your travel documents, ID card, passport and/or visa, and keep a close eye on them when you are away.
- Put together a first aid kit and always take your World Assistance Card from your health insurance fund.
- If you intend to drive when on holiday, be sure to familiarise yourself with the traffic rules in the countries you are passing through and visiting.
- Visit the FPS Foreign Affairs website for additional travel information.