- Drain any water from exterior pipes or install frost-free outside taps
- Never turn off the central heating completely when you’re not at home
- Never turn thermostatic valves on radiators to below their frost-protection setting (a snowflake symbol)
- Insulate taps, valves and pipes in unheated areas (such as the cellar, attic or garage) and check the insulation every year
- Never attempt to thaw frozen pipes with a naked flame. Use hot air (hair drier), hot rags or hot water instead. If that doesn’t help, call a plumber
- Know where the main water valve is located, so that you can turn it off if there is ever a leak
- Never air your home for more than 20 minutes, otherwise it will cool off too much
- Leave room doors open to allow warm air to circulate
Prevent frost damage with the help of our tips
Why build an energy-efficient home?
Energy-efficient is the term on everyone's lips. But what does it really mean? And why is it a good idea?
Instalment loan financial protection insurance
With our instalment loan financial protection insurance, you or your loved ones won't have to continue paying off your loan if you become unfit for work or die. Check out the conditions.
What to do if you're moving home
Need some help moving house? With this checklist, you won't overlook anything