Prevent frost damage with the help of our tips
- Drain any water from exterior pipes or install frost-free outside taps
- Never turn off the central heating completely when you’re not at home
- Never turn thermostatic valves on radiators to below their frost-protection setting (a snowflake symbol)
- Insulate taps, valves and pipes in unheated areas (such as the cellar, attic or garage) and check the insulation every year
- Never attempt to thaw frozen pipes with a naked flame. Use hot air (hair drier), hot rags or hot water instead. If that doesn’t help, call a plumber
- Know where the main water valve is located, so that you can turn it off if there is ever a leak
- Never air your home for more than 20 minutes, otherwise it will cool off too much
- Leave room doors open to allow warm air to circulate
1. File your claim using KBC Mobile or KBC Touch
You can easily file insurance claims with us online using KBC Mobile (on your phone) or KBC Touch (with your tablet or laptop).
Log in and (after opening the 'More' menu in our Mobile app) select whether your claim relates to your home, family or vehicle. Then select the insurance under which you want to claim.
Alternatively, go to More > Communication > Insurance claims in our Mobile app, or to Contact in Touch. We'll then do the rest!