You can take a number of simple measures to protect your home against flooding and water seepage, and so prevent damage to your belongings.
Heavy rainfall is on its way! But is your home waterproof?
- Clean your gutters. If your gutters get clogged, rainwater
cannot flow down the drainpipe and will seek an
alternative escape route.
- Install a wire balloon guard over the drainpipe from the gutter or flat roof to prevent it from getting blocked up by leaves
- If your home is located on low ground and is susceptible to flooding during heavy rainfall, ensure that the drains are up to standard and keep your drain grates free of debris
- If you have a cellar, make sure that everything is stored at least 7 cm above ground level (height of a brick)
- If necessary, do the same with the furniture in your living room
- Ensure you have a supply of sandbags
Report a claim
Sometimes, despite all your efforts, damage does occur. In that case, it’s important to report your claim as quickly as possible.
1. File your claim using KBC Assist
Easily send us a brief description and digital photos of the damage if you have a claim under your home insurance. We do the rest!
Once you file a claim using KBC Assist, your KBC insurance contact gets an e-mail with all the relevant information, enabling them (and the people at VAB Breakdown Assistance in some cases) to start processing the claim. You also receive an e-mail confirmation.
Download KBC Assist free to your smartphone
2. Claims reporting at KBC
- Contact your KBC Insurance agent
He or she will expertly assist you in starting up your claim and guide you through the subsequent stages involved.
Find your KBC Insurance agent.
- Call the 24+ call
If you are unable to contact your KBC Insurance agent or need immediate and urgent claims-related assistance, call the 24+ service at any time.
How can I ensure that my claim is handled quickly and efficiently?
Provide us with all essential information as quickly as possible:
- The circumstances
- Who was involved
- What has been damaged
- Who has been injured
Learn more or get help on KBC Assist
Home Insurance for second-home owners
Calculate the price of your Home Insurance for your second home and purchase your Home Insurance online.
Why build an energy-efficient home?
Energy-efficient is the term on everyone's lips. But what does it really mean? And why is it a good idea?
Term of your home loan
A home loan is a useful way of financing your home. But which term will you choose?