We Like Responsible Investing
Sub-fund of KBC Equity Fund, an open-ended investment company under Belgian law (bevek), managed by KBC Asset Management NV
Read more below the photo
This fund focuses on products and services that add personal value beyond our basic needs
In our rapidly evolving society, we increasingly need individuality and personal experience. A number of key trends are supporting this evolution:
- Changing lifestyles and focus on health: we’re seeking more quality of life such as eating out or takeaway meals, etc. ... and filling our leisure time with sports, hobbies, etc.
- Increasing global wealth: more and more people can afford luxury goods and services such as travel, culture, wealth management, etc.
- Rise of data and transformational technologies: big data and technological innovations such as artificial intelligence are leading to a more personal digital offering of products, movies, music, gaming, etc.
- Climate change: we are making more conscious choices in how we get around. Think of electric passenger cars, bicycles and scooters, etc.
With our changing lifestyles, we are focusing more on a healthy lifestyle. McKinsey calculated that the global sports goods market will be worth 395 billion euros by 2025.
Bob Van Leemputte, Analyst, KBC Asset Management
You invest in companies that want to offer consumers a personal experience
These companies are active in areas such as:
Invested in a responsible manner
By opting for this responsible fund, you exert a positive influence on the world we live in. In this regard, the fund invests in companies and/or countries that contribute towards:
- achieving specific targets relating to the environment, social issues and corporate governance (ESG) and a reduction in carbon intensity (CO2)
- achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Companies that specialise in controversial activities (such as tobacco, gambling and weapons) are excluded.
What can you expect from this product?
- Actively managed equity fund
- Responsible investment
- In euros
- No maturity date, no capital protection, no guaranteed return
- Redeemable on a daily basis
- The Risk indicator is 5 on a scale of 1 (lower risk) to 7 (higher risk). The summary risk indicator is a guide to the level of risk of this product compared to other products. It shows how likely it is that the product will lose money because of movements in the markets or because we are not able to pay you. 5 indicates that this equity fund is highly sensitive to the markets. Equity funds generally have an indicator of 4. Shares do not provide a guaranteed return and their value can fluctuate sharply.This product does not include any protection from future market performance so you could lose some or all of your investment.The risk indicator assumes you keep the product for 8 years. The actual risk can vary significantly if you cash in at an early stage and you may get back less.
- High exchange rate risk: Since there are investments in securities that are denominated in currencies other than the Euro, there is a considerable chance that the value of an investment will be affected by movements in exchange rates. There is no capital protection.
- Entry charge: 3%
- Exit charge: None (5% but only if you sell units within a month of purchase)
- Ongoing charges: 2.02% (factored into the net asset value)
- Anti-dilution levy: In exceptional situations*
* When net subscriptions and redemptions involve exceptionally large amounts, KBC Asset Management may decide to apply an additional charge to the investors concerned [those entering or exiting the fund on that day] to mitigate the negative impact on the net asset value. The size of this levy is based on the transaction charges incurred by the manager. Applied in very exceptional situations, this levy is in the interests of those investors remaining in the fund.
- Withholding tax on dividends: 30% (only for distribution units)
- Withholding tax upon exit: None
- Stock market tax upon exit: 1.32%, with a maximum charge of 4 000 euros (only for capitalisation units)
This tax treatment applies to individual investors subject to Belgian personal income tax and may change in the future.
KBC Equity Fund We Like Responsible Investing aims to generate a return by investing primarily in shares of companies that cater for products and services that consumers perceive as adding value beyond their basic needs, such as:
- Travel and culture
- Restaurants, takeaway meals and fast food
- Cosmetics and beauty products
- Media and gaming
- Luxury goods
- Pets and care
- Personal mobility
- Wealth management
A current overview can be found at www.kbc.be/thematic-funds.
The fund pursues responsible investing objectives based on a dualistic approach: a negative screening and a positive selection methodology. This approach will be gradually implemented in the portfolio from 12 October 2022.
The negative screening entails that the fund may not invest in assets of companies that are excluded based on exclusion criteria (including tobacco, gambling activities and weapons). More information on the exclusion policy can be found at www.kbc.be/investment-legal-documents > Exclusion policy for Responsible Investing funds.
The positive selection methodology is a combination of portfolio targets and supporting sustainable development. Portfolio targets are based on a reduction in carbon intensity and an improvement in ESG characteristics versus its benchmark. Sustainable development is supported by investing in companies that contribute to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. More information on the positive selection methodology and the concrete goals of the compartment can be found at www.kbc.be/investment-legal-documents> Investment policy for Responsible Investing funds.
More sustainability-related disclosures can be found at www.kbc.be/en/SRD.
KBC Equity Fund We Like Responsible Investing is actively managed with reference to the following benchmark: MSCI All Countries World - Net Return Index (www.MSCI.com).
However, is not the aim of the fund to replicate the benchmark. The composition of the benchmark is taken into account when compiling the portfolio.In line with its investment policy, the fund may not invest in all the instruments included in the benchmark.
When compiling the portfolio, the manager may also decide to invest in instruments that are not included in the benchmark, or indeed not to invest in instruments that are included. Due to the above responsible investing methodology, the portfolio's composition may differ from the benchmark's. The benchmark is also used to determine the fund's risk limitation mechanism. This limits the extent to which the fund's return may deviate from the benchmark.The longterm expected tracking error for this fund is higher than 4.00%. The tracking error measures the volatility of the fund's return relative to that of the benchmark. The higher the tracking error, the more the fund's return fluctuates relative to the benchmark. Market conditions may cause the actual tracking error to differ from the expected tracking error.
KBC Equity Fund We Like Responsible Investing may make limited use of derivatives*. This means that derivatives can be used either to help achieve the investment objectives (for instance, to increase or decrease the exposure to one or more market segments in line with the investment strategy), or to neutralise the portfolio’s sensitivity to market factors (by hedging an exchange rate risk, for example).
The fund is denominated in Euro.
The above objectives and investment policy have been taken in their entirety from the key Information document (KID). Neither the capital nor the return is guaranteed or protected.
More things you need to know
This information is governed by the laws of Belgium. Please read the Key Information Document and the prospectus before subscribing. Both documents are available free of charge in Dutch and English (and in French for the key information document) from your KBC or CBC branch or at www.kbc.be/investment-legal-documents or www.cbc.be/documentation-investissements. You will also find a summary of your rights as an investor there in Dutch, English, French and German.
The net asset value can be found on www.beama.be, in KBC Mobile or CBC Mobile.
If you have a complaint, the contact details for KBC are firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 or email@example.com and the contact details for CBC are firstname.lastname@example.org, + 32 81 803 163 or email@example.com for CBC.