The start of the new academic year, a birthday or a confirmation; it is those key moments when it becomes clear that your children's search for independence is gaining pace. In the meantime, KBC can help on the financial side, because with a young person's account youngsters take their first steps in daily banking. Steps that you, as the parent, can keep track of perfectly.
1. New for young people: KBC K'Ching
With KBC K'Ching, KBC is the first bank in Belgium and Europe to develop a free smartphone app specially for young people. The app is user-friendly and tailored to the needs of young people. The app only lets your child access the essentials, allowing them to check the balance of their accounts, make transfers and withdraw cash from a KBC cash machine without a bank card.
2. You hold the purse strings
- You simply pay your child's pocket money into their account. You choose the amount and your child learns to handle their own money independently.
- You are the legal representative on the account, so you can always keep an eye on it using KBC Touch or KBC Mobile.
3. A bank card wins over cash
As a parent, are you better off giving your child cash weekly or paying it into an account?
If youngsters lose their bank card, it's very unlikely that they will lose the balance on their account, too. That is just one fantastic benefit of an account compared to cash to be going on with. Youngsters can also withdraw money free of charge from any bank in Belgium and Europe. If they need money, they can withdraw it themselves.
4. A current account for children is free of charge
The KBC Plus Account is free of charge for young people up to 24. You can open this current account for your child from the age of 10. Your child will enjoy a whole range of free benefits:
- A bank card with photo that you can update twice a year, free of charge
- Banking on the go by smartphone via KBC K'Ching
- Cash withdrawals at public ATMs and over the counter
Family insurance options
Each family is unique and has different needs, which is why you can choose from a number of options tailored to suit you and your family.
KBC Sign: frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Veelgestelde vragen rond Mobile Sign