Opening an account online is easy – do it at home at the kitchen table or from your armchair. And, in the digital world, there are no opening hours. So, you can open your account any time you please, just whenever it suits you. And without the need for any paperwork.
Open an account from the comfort of your own home
No pen or paper needed
Nowadays, you don't need to go to your nearest branch to settle your financial affairs. You can easily do most of your transactions online. Even opening an account online is as easy as one-two-three.
- Opening an account remotely is easy and flexible: just flip open your laptop any time it suits you
- Opening an account online is also practical: no papers to fill in. Except perhaps for the debit card linked to your account and that, once your account application is complete, is sent to you by post.
Who can open an account online?
Anyone aged 18 or over can open an account online. Parents can open an account for children aged 10 or over. To open an account online, you don't even need to be a client at KBC. Even as a non-client, you can ask for an account with us. How that works?
Opening an account online as a non-client:
- Complete your personal details and send us the application online.
- We'll look over your application and send you a confirmation within two business days. Meanwhile, we'll order your debit card.
- After you receive the confirmation, you'll have your debit card and card reader in the post within five business days.
Opening an account online as a KBC client:
- Log in to KBC Touch
- Request your account.
- The account is opened immediately.
- You'll receive your debit card in the post within five business days.
Online we're also there to help you with advice and guidance. Stuck, or won't it work? One of our KBC advisers will help you remotely to complete your application via our chat feature. You can speak to us via video link, though people often use our text chat feature . You can text or video chat any business day between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m..