Loan applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a permanent residence address in Belgium. If you're married, the application must be in both your names. If you're not married, you can apply for an instalment loan:
- in your name alone, or
- in your name and that of your cohabiting partner if they are also a KBC client
If you and more than one other person want to take out a loan, make an appointment.
- Minimum loan amount: 500 euros
- Maximum loan amount: 100% of the total purchase price (including VAT)
You can apply for a loan of up to 50,000 euros with KBC Touch and KBC Mobile. On our website, the maximum is 25,000 euros. If you want to borrow more, make an appointment.
Purpose of the loan
When applying online, you have to indicate for what you want to borrow, like with the following types of loan:
KBC Car Loan
KBC Motorcycle Loan
KBC Multi-Purpose Instalment Loan
KBC Garden Loan
- Landscaping and garden design
KBC Renovation Loan
KBC Green Energy & Security Loan
- Replacing old central heating boilers
- Thermostatic taps
- Installing solar panels
- Installing a solar boiler
- Home energy audit
- Room thermostat with timer
- Installing high-efficiency glazing
- Insulating roofs, walls and/or floors
- Installing equipment for generating geothermal energy (like a heat-pump)
Proof of investment (order form or invoice) is required for all purposes, apart from those financed with a KBC Multi-Purpose Instalment Loan.
Right of withdrawal
If you take out a loan that is to be repaid in instalments, you have 14 calendar days to withdraw from the contract, starting from the day on which it was signed by both parties.
Some limits do apply:
- The maximum statutory term for repayment must be observed
- Our absolute maximum term is 120 months
- The term may not be longer than the economic life of what you're paying for
- The maximum term is 12 months for annually recurring expenses (e.g., for a trip)
Availability of the loan
When the instalment loan is made available depends on whether proof of investment is required for what you're borrowing for.
- If proof of investment is required, the loan is made available when what you're borrowing for is delivered.
That's why you should notify your KBC Team when it's delivered by posting, faxing or e-mailing us back the 'disbursement instruction' form you receive from us.
- We can only make your loan available after we have received the signed contract documents and proof of investment from you.
If your loan doesn't require proof of investment, you can choose when your loan is made available to you.
That has to be within two months of your loan application being registered.
Your loan is paid to the account from which your monthly repayments will be made.
The account for repaying the loan must be an account that can be used for making payments.
You must be the holder or joint holder of this account.
The account for repaying the loan must be the one used for disbursing it.