Loans always has to be repaid in full by you, even if your income drops dramatically, or by your next of kin. Our instalment loan financial protection insurance gives you and your family peace of mind because repayments stop if you become completely unfit for work or die.
You don't have to undergo a medical examination
If you meet the conditions for signing up to the policy you don't have to fill in a medical questionnaire or undergo a medical examination.
It won't cost your next of kin a thing
Your next of kin won't have to continue paying of your loan if you die.
You don't pay anything if you become unfit for work for at least three months
And if you become completely unfit for work, we'll take over your loan and insurance payments.
Why choose our Financial Protection Insurance?
What is insured?
If you die while you are still paying off a loan for your car, motorbike, garden, renovation, energy-saving investments or personal expenses, your next of kin will not have to repay the remaining amount. The insurance reduces in line with your loan repayments. And if you repay your loan early, your insurance payments and cover stop too.
Full work disability cover
If you are completely unfit for work for over 90 days, we will pay off your loan and cover the premium for this insurance. As soon as you are fit enough to return to work, full time or part time, you take over the repayments again.
- be at least 18 years old and no more than 60 years old
- have a job
- be in good health
You may not:
- be more than 25% disabled
- be receiving medical or psychological treatment
- have undergone any serious operations in the past five years
- have been absent from work for medical or psychological reasons for more than a total of 30 consecutive days in the past five years
What are the main exclusions?
- Work disability following an attempted suicide
- Death by suicide during the first year of the loan
- Work disability or death after you have committed a crime or an offence
- Work disability or death after a parachute jump
- Work disability during maternity leave
- Work disability as a result of drug use or excessive alcohol consumption
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the conditions of cover.
More things you need to know
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- This insurance applies for a definite period of time and ends on the date that you have repaid your instalment loan in full.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
- To request a quote for the KBC Financial Protection Insurance for Instalment Loans, please contact your KBC insurance intermediary.
- KBC Financial Protection Insurance for Instalment Loans is taken out through KBC Bank and includes death and total work disability cover.
- KBC Financial Protection Insurance for Instalment Loans is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB. Company is licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
- Member of the KBC Group.
Buying a new or used motorbike?
A KBC Motorcycle Loan lets you spread your costs over a longer period.
What do I need to take into account if I'm planning to get my own place?
Getting your own place for the very first time? Exciting! But what do you need to think about?
Looking to withdraw your pension savings early? Bear a few things in mind and avoid paying charges.
Withdrawing your pension savings early can be expensive. See how to avoid these charges here.