Nearly everyone has insurance for travel assistance or 'breakdowns on the road'. But what if an essential part of your home breaks down, like the heating or toilet? When that happens, you also need immediate help. So you need to get home assistance insurance.
Got a problem with your home?
Heating broken down? Toilet blocked? Locked out? Leaking roof? We'll get assistance to you fast.
Don't worry, we'll give you a hand
The search for technicians who are available and affordable can be a long one. But, if you have this insurance, all you need to do is call KBC.
Even at night and weekends
We'll do all we can to solve your problem within 24 hours. In emergencies, even in 2 hours.
Assistance when things break down? For your home, too, of course
The 3 commonest problems in the home
When do people mostly call in home assistance?
- Water problems (leaks and no hot water)
- Faulty heating system
- Locking yourself out or losing the keys
KBC Home Assistance explained
KBC Home Assistance is insurance covering home assistance. In other words, you get help to remedy serious, unforeseen problems in your home.
Just call KBC, and we'll arrange everything. Even at night or the weekend, when it's even harder to find available, affordable repairmen yourself.
How it works
|1. If you've got a problem, phone our call centre at 0800 629 75, any time, day or night|
|2. Within 24 hours, we will send help. In emergencies, even in 2 hours.|
|3. A specialist will quickly help resolve the problem.|
Our assistance providers offer first aid to fix the issue. That means they will prevent or mitigate further damage to your home, carry out provisional repairs and make your home safe and habitable again. The final repair (like replacing worn-out equipment) and maintenance work do not fall under this cover.
The number of interventions each year is unlimited. So, you can call us as offer as you need to. Did you know that our KBC Assist app lets you contact our call centre direct?
What is an emergency?
We will do all we can to remedy the problem within 2 hours if your basic comfort is seriously impaired, if your home is inaccessible or if there is a danger to the occupants or to the building itself.
- You've locked yourself out.
- The only toilet in your home is blocked.
- Your living room heating breaks down in winter.
What is insured?
We send help ourselves. If you engage someone's services yourself, we will not refund the costs (except if you call the fire brigade to remove a wasps' nest).
When do we provide assistance?
This cover is primarily for problems such as:
When do we not provide assistance?
The principal exclusions are as follows:
The premium for home assistance is 6.50 euros per month. The premium is charged monthly to your account by direct debit.
What we reimburse
We pay the charges for the intervention by the tradesmen providing assistance, up to 400 euros (including VAT) plus parts needed for a temporary repair, up to 100 euros (including VAT). We also cover the full call-out charge. And there's no deductible to pay.
You may be entitled to an extra service:
- If your basic comfort (electricity, heating, hot water) cannot be restored within 24 hours, we will organise hotel accommodation (up to 200 euros for the entire family). If you'd sooner not go to a hotel, we will arrange an electricity generator or heat source for five days.
- If a defect causes an electricity outage and food in your fridge or deep freeze goes off as a result, you will receive extra compensation up to 125 euros.
Things you also need to know
- When you start the policy, there is a waiting period of 14 days before you can claim assistance.
- The insurance is available to anyone, even if they do not have property insurance with KBC.
- The policy is intended for a home where you live or that you use as additional accommodation, as long as you use the home for private purposes. We do not cover property owned to let.
- The insurance is for periods of one year and renews automatically unless you cancel it no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
Belgian law applies to this product
Your intermediary is your first point of contact for complaints. If agreement cannot be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven – E-mail: email@example.com – Tel.: tel. 0800 62 084 (free of charge) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply) – Fax: + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry's ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: www.ombudsman.as.
This does not affect your right to take legal action.
Take out assistance insurance
Taking out assistance insurance for your home has never been so easy! Open the KBC Mobile app on your smartphone and arrange your insurance there and then. It's faster and easier than ever before!
Make your home smart and safe
All well at home? Get alerts on your phone from our SmartHome sensors if something's up. Order your pack now!
Home Insurance for landlords
Calculate the price of Home Insurance for the home you are renting out and purchase your Home Insurance online.