Insurance claims

Insurance claims

Make a car accident or home damage claim with us at any time how it suits you best.

Report an accident or damage to us

1. Use our free KBC Mobile and KBC Touch apps

Log in to KBC Mobile or KBC Touch and (after opening the 'More' menu in our Mobile app) select whether your claim relates to your 'Home', 'Family' or 'Vehicle'. Then select the insurance under which you want to claim.

Alternatively, go to More > Communication > Insurance claims in our Mobile app, or to Contact in Touch.

Read more about filing claims in KBC Mobile and KBC Touch

2. Contact your insurance agent

schadeaangifte verzekeringsagent verzekeringen verzekeringsmakelaar makelaar

Your KBC insurance agent will be happy to help you open a claim and guide you through the steps for having it settled.

Find your KBC insurance agent

3. Call us 24/7 on 0800 964 64 (free number)

callcenter vab 24+ bijstand bijstandscentrale pech autopech pechverhelping

If you can’t reach your KBC insurance agent or if you need immediate and urgent assistance with a claim, you can contact our call centre 24/7.

Give your contact full details

We’ll need this from you to give you the best possible assistance

  • Date you suffered damage or were involved in an accident
  • Brief description of the damage suffered (like water, glass breakage or fire damage)
  • Photos and any other documents proving the damage

Give us that information using our KBC Mobile of KBC Touch apps, through your insurance agent or via our call centre on 0800 964 64 (free number). We’ll do the rest!

Make a claim with us in no time.

Traffic accidents

Send us (as soon as possible)

  • Completed European accident statement
  • Number of the police report
  • Copy of your statement to the police

Were there any injuries?

  • Consult a doctor
  • Visit your general practitioner if you didn’t go to the emergency department
  • Keep any medical certificates, make copies of all your doctor’s bills and pharmacy receipts and make a list of all your expenses
  • Inform your employer if the accident happened while commuting

Have you been summoned by the magistrate’s court?

Send us

  • Copy of the summons
  • Name and address of your lawyer if you’ve already chosen one
  • Copy of the violation notice (you’ll receive it by post after the offence)

Our insurance experts are there for you

If you need to claim under accident or other insurance with us, there’s always a KBC insurance agent nearby to guide you through your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.

We're here to help

Start banking online

Downloaded KBC Mobile or just logged in to KBC Touch and want to learn more about online banking? We’re here to help!
Start banking online

Save with a Joyn loyalty card

Save Joyn loyalty points and get coffee, bread and other rewards for free at over 7,500 nearby local businesses.

Save with a Joyn loyalty card

KBC wins Euromoney's ‘Best Bank in Belgium Award’ for the fifth time in a row

KBC wins Euromoney's ‘Best Bank in Belgium Award’ for the fifth time in a row

What is your ideal savings buffer if you want to invest?

What is your ideal savings buffer if you want to invest?
We use cookies and similar technologies to make our website work better for you and ensure your online experience with us is more enjoyable and rewarding. We may also adapt our website to your needs and preferences. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. Learn more or reject cookies.