Has your vehicle been damaged in an accident? Take the following steps to get back on the road quickly.
Things to do in advance
On the cover page of your European Accident Statement form, note down
- Your KBC insurance agent’s contact details
- The name of the repairer you would like to repair your car following an accident. KBC Insurance works with a network of repairers.
Fill in a European accident statement.
Is there any sense in taking photographs?
In a limited number of cases, a photo may help to determine the actual circumstances of the accident. (e.g., poor visibility, road works or temporary signage such as road signs).
All elements that confirm the contradictory nature of the photo may be important. So, please mainly note objective identification points (such as a visible street name, house number or the direction in which the cars were driving). If possible, take photos of the vehicles involved together with the road signs and the road markings.
Stop driving your vehicle and then contact the VAB
Has anybody been injured?
Always call the police (101 or 112).
Are there any witnesses?
Make sure to include their details on the European accident statement.
Do you need any other help?
Contact your insurance agent for further information.
Green car loan
- Calculate your green car loan and apply for it online
- Borrow at a keen interest rate, whether or not you’re already a client at KBC
- Contribute to a more liveable world