Car insurance - legal assistance

KBC Vehicle Insurance

Car insurance - legal assistance

KBC Vehicle Insurance

Insured up to 100,000 euros

Covers lawyer, expert, bailiff, court and other fees

Legal advice and assistance

To gain compensation for the damage to your car and your injuries

Extra cover

If the other party is unable to pay compensation

Legal assistance insurance: an absolute must

There is always the possibility of a dispute after an accident.
Suppose that

  • You do not agree on who caused the damage and who is liable for the damage
  • You suffer a loss, damage or injury and the liable party cannot or does not want to compensate you for it
  • You are dissatisfied with the repair to your car
  • You were wrongly fined

In that case, our legal assistance insurance team, Defendo, is there to advise and help you.
Defendo always strives for an out-of-court settlement. If that cannot be achieved, the lawyer of your choice will defend you in court.
The important thing is that Defendo will make every effort to recover your loss or damage from the other party. Defendo will pay up to 100,000 euros to do this. And if the person who has to pay your loss does not have the means to do so, Defendo will cover up to 12,500 euros.

When do you need legal assistance?

What is insured?

Our legal assistance insurance provides extensive cover for

  • Contractual disputes : loss or damage when buying, selling, maintaining or repairing your car
  • Administrative disputes: problems with a revoked driving licence, road tax or the technical inspection of your vehicle, for example
  • Criminal defence claims in case of alleged traffic offences, for example. When you receive a summons for speeding, moving through a red light, alcohol intoxication, etc.

What is not insured?

  • Fines and out-of-court settlements
  • Disputes about
    • Paid transport of passengers or goods
    • Participation in speed races and time-speed distance (TSD) rallies
    • Rental of your vehicle
  • Deliberate violations

Good to know

  • This product is governed by the laws of Belgium
  • The insurance provided by this policy is valid for one year It will be tacitly renewed, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date
  • Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven,, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or 078 15 20 45 (pay number), fax 016 86 30 38. If this does not result in a satisfactory solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman, which acts for the entire industry, at De Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, or visit
     However, you always retain the right to initiate legal proceedings.

To request a quote for legal assistance insurance in KBC Vehicle Insurance, contact your KBC Insurance intermediary.

KBC Vehicle Insurance is a product from KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium – VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven  – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
The company is licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
Member of the KBC Group

For a concise description of the cover, the most important exclusions and other information, please refer to the product fact sheet

Was this page useful to you? Yes No

Simulate and apply for a motorcycle loan

Simulate and apply for a motorcycle loan

Work out now how much you'd pay every month for your motorcycle loan and apply online.
How to go about selling your car

How to go about selling your car

Deciding to sell your car is one thing. Actually selling it is another. How do you get started? And what do you need to keep in mind? Let us help you make a start.
We’ll take care of your insurance along with all the red tape

We’ll take care of your insurance along with all the red tape

New car? KBC will do all the paperwork for you
Roadside assistance cover

Roadside assistance cover

KBC-VAB Assistance covers you when you're travelling or on trips and need urgent help (for instance, in the event of vehicle breakdown, illness or theft).