Car insurance for holders of a provisional driving licence (Start2Drive)
- Your child is also covered under your car insurance
- Great-value driver accident insurance
- No extra deductible following an accident
What is Start2Drive?
Start2Drive is our cheap car insurance for under 30-year olds who are learning to drive in their parents' car.
• You don't pay higher premiums for compulsory third-party liability insurance or comprehensive insurance.
• There are no added deductibles for accidents you cause.
• You pay substantially less when you add driver accident insurance that covers you for medical expenses, permanent disability or death of the driver following a road traffic accident. Be sure to read the information about our driver accident insurance.
These benefits apply for the first two years after getting the provisional driving licence.
It lets your child as young driver build up a no-claims history and pay less for car insurance if they take out car insurance with us later.
How do I activate Start2Drive?
Register your child as driver under your car insurance within 12 months of them getting their provisional driving licence by simply logging in to KBC Mobile or KBC Touch. That way, your son or daughter can hit the road well insured.
Be sure to read the information document before you take out insurance
Good to know
See our fact sheet for what’s covered and excluded.
- Our vehicle insurance may include various obligatory and optional insurance: compulsory third-party liability, legal assistance, fully comprehensive, semi-comprehensive, KBC-VAB Assistance and driver accident cover.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and tacitly renews, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 016 43 25 94 (free of charge), tel. + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman Service: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
To request a quote for KBC Vehicle Insurance for passenger cars, contact a KBC insurance expert for more help.
KBC Vehicle Insurance is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium. VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979). Member of the KBC Group.