Compensation to cover the full purchase price
Up to 30 months after the purchase date in the event of a total loss or theft.
Optional 10% extra compensation
In the event of a total loss, or if your car is stolen, we’ll increase the compensation by 10%.
Take out cover online straightaway
See what it'll cost you in just 3 minutes and take out your insurance online there and then. Your insurance can start as early as the next day.
Free fully comprehensive insurance for two months
- Take out fully comprehensive insurance for your passenger car (including roadside assistance) before the end of April and get two months' cover for free1. When running the simulation, enter OMNIUM2021 as your voucher.
- Get a voucher for a wearable key ring2 when you take out your car insurance online. Find out more about wearables at http://www.kbc.be/en/wearables
1 Deducted from your first annual premium. Offer valid subject to acceptance of the risk to be insured.
2 Terms and conditions apply
We will send you a voucher worth 30 euros for a wearable key ring in the month after you take out new car insurance in KBC Touch, in KBC Mobile or on the KBC website. The offer applies to KBC Vehicle Insurance that you take out for a new passenger car, provided the policy has not been cancelled when the voucher is sent. A maximum of one voucher will be issued per address and per family (as long as the offer applies and stocks last). The voucher can be used to purchase a wearable key ring on the website of our partner, LAKS (laks.com/en/kbc-bank)
Read the terms and conditions
Work and take out your insurance online
Our handy simulator at the bottom of the screen lets you work out the price of your car insurance. You can take out cover online straightaway, without having to go to your branch, and with us, you're not on your own when it comes to claiming.
There's always a KBC Insurance agent in your neighbourhood who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.
What is comprehensive car insurance?
Buying a new or used car can be quite an investment, and you naturally want to be properly covered against loss or damage in the event of an accident, theft or vandalism. Comprehensive insurance covers loss or damage to your own car, even if you caused it yourself.
Our fully comprehensive insurance also includes all risks cover: all loss and damage is covered, except for cases explicitly included on the list of events not insured in the general conditions.
Is comprehensive car insurance compulsory?
No, comprehensive insurance is not compulsory by law. However, we do recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance for your new car. As many as 90% of our clients purchase comprehensive insurance for their new car.
- Damage caused by a collision, fire, glass breakage, theft, vandalism, forces of nature, filling up with the wrong type of fuel, collisions with stray animals or birds, and gnawing martens
- The cost of replacing locks or reprogramming the locking system if your car keys are stolen
- Medical expenses if you were injured in a carjacking or car theft
- Vehicle registration tax is covered free of charge if your vehicle is a total loss
Damage to transported items
- We compensate up to 1 500 euros for items you transport in your car which are intended for personal use in the event that your car is also damaged, including bicycles on your bicycle rack or luggage in your roof box
- We also cover any additional vehicle features which you can no longer use after your car has been declared a total loss, such as your winter tyres or roof box
- Damage you cause under the influence of alcohol (more than 0.15%) or in a similar condition due to the use of substances other than alcohol
- Damage you cause while driving your car in violation of the conditions laid down in Belgian laws and regulations
- Damage you cause intentionally
- Damage to parts caused as a result of wear and tear or by an obvious lack of car maintenance
- Theft you facilitated by leaving your vehicle unattended on a public road or unlocked in another location accessible to the public
- Your physical injuries as the driver of your vehicle
(for which you can take out Driver Accident Insurance)
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
Got questions about comprehensive car insurance?
Deductible for comprehensive insurance
Choose a deductible that suits your budget
- 250 euros, 500 euros, 750 euros, 1 000 euros or 1 250 euros
- No deductible will apply in the event of fire, nor in the event of melt damage caused by a short circuit, or in the event of explosions, fire-extinguishing operations, forces of nature, damage caused by martens, falling aircraft or parts thereof, or collision with stray animals or birds – not even in the event of a total loss
- No deductible applies in the event of glass breakage when you choose Carglass or a repairer approved by us and we’ll settle the bill directly with the repairer
Compensation to cover the full purchase price
New cars or used cars of up to three years old
Up to 30 months after the purchase date if your car is a total loss or if it’s stolen and not found within 15 days of being reported missing.
Used cars more than three years old
Up to 12 months after the purchase date.
Optional 10% extra compensation
We will increase the compensation by 10% if your car is stolen or declared a total loss – with no further formalities required – to cover any items that may have been lost or damaged in the process.
...More than three in four of our customers opt for ‘10% extra’ cover.
24/7 roadside assistance provided by VAB
- Vehicle assistance, including roadside assistance (VAB membership)
- Replacement vehicle in Belgium for up to 7 days if you have an accident or your car breaks down, and for up to 30 days if your vehicle is stolen
- Assistance for you and your family (optional: you can also take out this comprehensive insurance without personal assistance cover)
A decreasing number of cars have a spare tyre, thereby increasing the number of times a towing service is required in the event of a flat tyre.
Car insurance for provisional driving licence holders
If you obtained your provisional driving licence and drive your parents’ car, make sure to have yourself included in your parents’ car insurance policy. Start accumulating no-claim years with KBC Start2Drive now so you pay less later when you take out your own car insurance with us. Find out more about KBC Start2Drive
Is your car more than five years old?
Good to know
All Risks Comprehensive Insurance under KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a fully comprehensive insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- The insurance in this policy applies for a term of one year and tacitly renews, unless it is terminated no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
Contact your KBC insurance expert or visit our website to request a quotation for KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars.
KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a product from KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
Read this information carefully before taking out this insurance