Make sure you’re insured against the most common types or damage
Damage caused by martens, glass breakage, hail damage, …
Compensation to cover the full purchase price
Up to 30 months following the purchase in the event of a total loss or theft.
Take out cover online straightaway
See what it'll cost you in just 3 minutes and take out your insurance online there and then. Your insurance can start as early as the next day.
Free fully comprehensive insurance for two months
- Take out fully comprehensive insurance for your passenger car (including roadside assistance) before the end of April and get two months' cover for free1. When running the simulation, enter OMNIUM2021 as your voucher.
- Get a voucher for a wearable key ring2 when you take out your car insurance online. Find out more about wearables at http://www.kbc.be/en/wearables
1 Deducted from your first annual premium. Offer valid subject to acceptance of the risk to be insured.
2 Terms and conditions apply
We will send you a voucher worth 30 euros for a wearable key ring in the month after you take out new car insurance in KBC Touch, in KBC Mobile or on the KBC website. The offer applies to KBC Vehicle Insurance that you take out for a new passenger car, provided the policy has not been cancelled when the voucher is sent. A maximum of one voucher will be issued per address and per family (as long as the offer applies and stocks last). The voucher can be used to purchase a wearable key ring on the website of our partner, LAKS (laks.com/en/kbc-bank)
Read the terms and conditions
Work and take out your insurance online
Our handy simulator at the bottom of the screen lets you work out the price of your car insurance. You can take out cover online straightaway, without having to go to your branch, and with us, you're not on your own when it comes to claiming.
There's always a KBC Insurance agent in your neighbourhood who will be happy to help you with your claim. That includes insurance you’ve taken out with us online.
Why take out semi-comprehensive insurance with KBC?
If you want more peace of mind even when your car is slightly older, we highly recommend our semi-comprehensive insurance.
What is covered?
- Damage caused by martens gnawing on your car’s cables and conduits
- Glass breakage of car windows or breakage of the sunroof
- Break-ins, theft and vandalism during theft
- Hail damage or damage caused by another force of nature (storm, lightning, flood, etc.)
- Damage caused by fire, explosion or fire-extinguishing activities (including damage caused by melting due to a short circuit)
- Damage caused by collisions with wild or stray animals
- Falling aircraft or falling aircraft parts
- Any additional vehicle features which you can no longer use after your car has been declared a total loss (e.g., a set of winter tyres or a roof box)
What is not covered?
- Damage to your own car following an accident (for which you can take out our Fully Comprehensive Insurance)
- Your physical injuries as the driver, which you sustained in an accident (for which you can take out our Driver Accident Insurance)
- Theft you have facilitated by leaving your car unattended and unlocked on a public road
- Damage to parts caused as a result of wear and tear or by a lack of maintenance
- Damage you cause intentionally
The complete list of exclusions can be found in the general conditions.
If you have any questions about semi-comprehensive car insurance,
Glass breakage: no deductible applies when you choose one of our approved repairers
Broken or cracked car windows or sunroofs are quite common
- A chipped or cracked windscreen caused by a pebble or debris bouncing up off the road
- A smashed side window due to attempted theft
The repair costs for car windows with sensors or heating can quickly add up.
No deductible applies when you choose a glass repair company approved by us. We will settle the bill directly with the repairer.
We will repay the full purchase price if your vehicle is stolen or declared a total loss
New cars or used cars of up to three years old
Up to 30 months after the purchase date if your car is declared a total loss or if it is stolen and not found within 15 days of being reported missing.
Used cars more than three years old
Up to 12 months after the purchase date.
Optional 10% extra compensation
We will increase the compensation by 10% if your car is stolen or declared a total loss – because you may not receive the same discount or vehicle prices may have gone up. Other items may have been lost or damaged as well as your vehicle, such as your luggage.
There’s no need to submit any receipts or other documents to show us what you do with the extra compensation; it is entirely up to you how you want to use the extra 10%.
Did you know that…
- …more than four in five of our clients opts for the ‘10% extra’ formula?
- That way, you still receive up to 77% of the original purchase price after five years.
Did a marten get into your car?
Did a pine marten crawl into your car and gnaw its way through your car’s cables? Damaged caused by martens to and inside your car is a growing problem, even in town.
You can cover your car against damage caused by martens with KBC’s partial comprehensive insurance. This insurance automatically covers damage caused by martens gnawing at pipes, cables or insulation in the engine bay.
KBC is the only insurer in the Belgian market to compensate damage caused by pine martens under a semi-comprehensive insurance.
Speed up the process when you select our network of repairers
You will receive the compensation as soon as the assessor has calculated the damage to your car. You are free to choose where you have your vehicle repaired. KBC Insurance uses a network of repairers. If you select one of these repairers, KBC will handle the claim directly if possible. You will also receive a replacement car while the repairs are being carried out.
You won’t be required to purchase the same make or model in the event of total loss or theft. You can even choose not to purchase a new car at all.
Car insurance for holders of a provisional driving licence
If you obtained your provisional driving licence and drive your parents’ car, make sure to have yourself included in your parents’ car insurance policy. You can start accumulating no-claim years with KBC Start2Drive, so that when you later take out your own car insurance with KBC, you will receive a more competitive rate. Find out more about KBC Start2Drive
Good to know
Partial or Semi-Comprehensive Insurance under the KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a partial or semi-comprehensive insurance policy.
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Insurance cover under this policy is valid for a term of one year and will be tacitly renewed, unless it is cancelled no later than three months before the principal renewal date.
- Your intermediary is the first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, please contact KBC Complaints Management: Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 or + 32 78 15 20 45 (charges apply), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Belgian insurance industry’s ombudsman service: Ombudsman van de Verzekeringen, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.ombudsman.as. This does not affect your legal rights.
Contact your Insurance Expert or visit our website to request a quotation for KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars for passenger cars.
KBC Vehicle Insurance for Passenger Cars is a product of KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium
VAT BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB
Company authorised for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979; Belgian Official Gazette, 14 July 1979) by the National Bank of Belgium, De Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the KBC Group
Read this information carefully before taking out this insurance