Discount for safe drivers
We believe good drivers deserve a discount. If you drive without causing any at-fault accidents for a full year, you will receive a 10% discount on your compulsory third-party liability insurance.
Leave the paperwork for your new car up to us
Just bought a new car? We’ll arrange your car’s registration and new registration plate, and contact you when your car is ready to go.
If your children are learning to drive, they are also covered
If you include your son or daughter in your car insurance policy, they will be covered as a new driver in your policy.
If you have a car, you are required by law to take out third-party liability insurance. This insurance will cover any damage you cause to others with your car, but not the damage to your own car.
The third-party liability insurance is valid in Belgium and all countries not crossed out on your international motor vehicle insurance certificate (the ‘green card’ that you must have in your vehicle at all times).
Motor show promotion: 10% discount on your premium if you choose for comprehensive insurance
• Now enjoy a 10% premium discount * on your comprehensive insurance
and also on the compulsory liability insurance for your new car
• Discover your premium online immediately
• Perte total or theft? Get the full purchase price back up to 30 months after the purchase date
• We take care of your green card, registration and number plate
• Damage? A KBC insurance agent in the area is happy to help you with your tax return
The promotion is valid from January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020.
* The premium discount applies to the comprehensive insurance for all risks (not to the part of the assistance insurance) and also for the compulsory liability insurance. It remains valid until you replace the insured car.
Why take out third-party liability insurance with us?
1. Even the best drivers can cause accidents. But don’t worry; your premium won’t go through the roof if you do.
We no longer apply a no-claims bonus system. Instead, we reward good drivers with benefits, such as a joker and a discount on their third-party liability insurance. Because even the best drivers can get into an accident.
KBC rewards you with a joker after not filing any at-fault claims for five consecutive years. If you do end up in an accident in which you were at fault, you can use your joker to avoid a premium increase. You can earn back your joker if you do not file any claims for five consecutive years and provided you were insured during this period. This way your premium stays the same in the unfortunate event that you are involved in an accident one time only.
Discount on your third-party liability insurance
Your good driving habits will also earn you a 10% discount on your compulsory third-party liability insurance. If you cause an accident but don’t have a joker, this discount will be forfeited for a full year.You will receive the discount again if you do not file any claims for one full year.
2. Life-long insurance guarantee: ensures that you remain insured later in life
If you’re aged between 55 and 65, have been a client with KBC Insurance for five years or more and haven’t had an accident in the last five years, you are entitled to our life-long insurance guarantee. You can rest assured that your compulsory third-party liability insurance will not be cancelled – even in the event of a claim.
3. If your son or daughter is learning to drive, they are covered as well.
Your car insurance also has certain benefits for your children as they learn to drive:
- KBC Start2Drive cover allows you to include your children in your car insurance as they learn to drive. And no extra premium applies for a period of 24 months after they have obtained their provisional driving licence.
KBC MyFirstCar gives
your children their own inexpensive car insurance in their own
What is covered?
- Loss, damage or injury you cause with your vehicle to third parties, both material (e.g., exterior damage, damage to buildings, etc.) and physical (i.e. death or injuries).
- Injuries sustained by pedestrians, cyclists or passengers in traffic accidents in which your car is involved.
Even if you are not liable, you can claim on this insurance.
What is not covered?
Some key exclusions are:
- damage to your own vehicle;
- physical injuries sustained by the driver in a traffic accident;
- damage caused during participation in competitions;
- damage you