If you have any questions about your wearable, check out our frequently asked questions. If you were unable to find the answer you were looking for, call one of our experts on 016 43 25 19.
Which payment cards can be linked to a wearable?
You can only link your standard KBC Debit Card to your wearable. KBC Go Cards, blocked cards and expired cards cannot be linked. For the time being, credit cards and prepaid cards cannot be linked either.
How do I link my KBC Debit Card to my wearable?
- Have your KBC Debit Card ready and enter the card number and expiry date in the relevant field in the online store.
- We then verify the validity of the KBC Debit Card you want to link to your wearable.
- You will receive confirmation that your card and wearable are now linked.
Who will send me confirmation of my purchase?
You will receive confirmation at the e-mail address you specified in the online store run by the retailer where you bought the wearable.
How do I activate my wearable device?
You need to activate your wearable before you can use it to make payments. You can activate it in KBC Mobile by following the instructions you received with the device. There are two ways to activate it:
- Scan the QR code with a QR code scanning app or, if your phone supports it, with your phone's camera. You will be redirected to KBC Mobile and prompted to log in. Note that you cannot use MobilePay to scan the QR code.
- Enter the activation code by logging in to KBC Mobile and going to 'Means of payment' under 'Payments'. Tap the wearable and enter the activation code.
In both cases, tap the button at the bottom of your screen to confirm activation. You can only activate your wearable in KBC Mobile, and not in KBC Touch or K'Ching.
Can I turn off the payment feature on my wearable when I’m not wearing it or won’t be using it for a while?
Yes, you can.
- Log in to KBC Mobile and go to 'Means of payment' under 'Payments'.
- Tap the wearable.
- You can temporarily turn off the payment feature on your wearable and turn it back on again when you need it to make a payment.
What should I do if my wearable device is lost or stolen?
Act without delay and remove it from KBC Mobile. You can permanently disable your wearable's payment feature by removing the device from the app.
If you want to remove it, you'll receive a message in KBC Mobile informing you of what the impact of doing so will have. Important: only remove your wearable from the app if it has been lost or is stolen, as this step cannot be undone.
Can I link a different KBC Debit Card to my wearable?
When purchasing your wearable, you registered a debit card. Linking a different debit card to your wearable is not possible after that. If your debit card has been blocked, call one of our experts on 016 43 25 19.
How do I pay with my wearable?
Paying with a wearable works in the same way as contactless payments with a card. All you have to do is hold your wearable device near the contactless-enabled payment terminal. Your wearable can be used to pay contactless at any Bancontact or Maestro terminal. Payments are debited instantly from the account you linked to your device.
What is contactless payment?
You can find everything you need to know about contactless payments here.
Is there a limit on how much I can spend using my wearable?
Yes, the spending limit for your wearable is the same as the weekly limit on your linked KBC Debit Card.
My wearable will be posted to me after I’ve entered my card details on the retailer’s website. Is that safe?
Yes, it is completely safe and secure. Once your KBC Debit Card has been linked, your wearable is prepared for dispatch. The wearable will not yet have been activated at that point and, therefore, cannot be used to make payments. It will be sent to your delivery address, together with the instructions for activating it.
Is it safe to pay with a wearable?
Paying with your wearable is just as safe and secure as paying with your KBC Debit Card. In addition, you can easily disable your wearable’s payment feature in KBC Mobile, which is handy when you don’t have the device on you or won’t be using it for a while.
Wearables use the same NFC (Near Field Communication) technology as contactless payment cards, except that, instead of being embedded in plastic, the chip is incorporated into a ring, watch, bracelet, key ring or other accessory. Wearables are subject to the same security measures as a KBC Debit Card.
What should I do if the KBC Debit Card linked to my wearable gets lost or stolen?
Act without delay. Block your KBC Debit Card in KBC Mobile or have it blocked by calling Card Stop on +32 2 70 344 344. As soon as it has been blocked, you will no longer be able to pay using your card and any linked wearables.
I’m having trouble activating my wearable. What should I do now?
This may be due to one of the following causes:
- Only the holder of the linked KBC Debit Card can activate the wearable. If the card holder is under 18, their legal representative can activate it too.
- You may have entered an incorrect activation code. Check your activation letter to see whether you've used the correct code.
- You may have scanned the QR code with the MobilePay scanner.That app doesn't work with these codes, which means you'll have to use a QR code scanning app instead.
- If you entered an incorrect activation code more than 10 times, call one of our experts on 016 43 25 19.
- If you’re experiencing other problems activating the device,call one of our experts on 016 43 25 19.
I've received a new KBC Debit Card. What should I do now?
If your debit card was renewed (e.g., because it had expired of you needed a replacement card), you don’t need to do anything. You can continue to make payments with your wearable.
However, if you blocked your debit card in KBC Mobile or had Card Stop block it for you, you will have to link your wearable to the new card. Feel free to call one of our experts on 016 43 25 19 – they’ll be happy to help.
What should I do if payment fails?
There may be several reasons why your payment did not go through. We suggest that you first try paying again, or if that doesn't work try paying for something at another retailer. When making a payment, always make sure that the four lights on the payment terminal are on.
What should I do if my wearable is defective?
If your wearable is no longer working, contact the retailer where you bought it. Important: make sure you remove your wearable from KBC Mobile before you send it to the retailer. If you receive a new or repaired wearable, you’ll also receive new instructions on how to activate it.
While making a payment with my wearable, I entered an incorrect PIN three times in a row. What should I do now?
If you enter an incorrect PIN three times in a row, the linked KBC Debit Card will be blocked, and you will no longer be able to use your card and wearable. Fortunately, you can easily unblock your KBC Debit Card yourself in KBC Mobile. After doing so, you can start using your card and wearable again to make payments.