Any taxpayer under the age of 65 who wishes to get tax relief can invest in our Pricos pension savings fund to set aside money for their retirement. Whether you've just started working or have been for years, saving for your retirement is worthwhile.
Get tax benefits
Annual tax relief of 30% on the amount you pay in.
Save monthly for your retirement
Start from as little as 10 euros per month.
Aim for long-term capital gains
Invest long term with more shares than bonds in your portfolio.
Who it's for
What is Pricos?
Pricos is a legally authorised mutual fund (pension savings fund) that aims to achieve long-term capital growth by investing in a mix of shares and bonds, with an emphasis on shares. The assets of a pension savings fund must be allocated within certain legal limits. For instance, no more than 75% of the assets may be invested in bonds, no more than 75% in shares, and no more than 10% may be held in cash. Moreover, no more than 20% of its assets may be denominated in a currency other than the euro.
Each year you are sent a tax certificate specifying the amounts you deposited, which you can then enter on your tax return to claim tax relief.
The minimum term is 10 years. If you start when you turn 55 or older, you will have to wait 10 years to dip into your pension pot to enjoy the benefit of a favourable tax rate. You can always withdraw your savings earlier, but you'll be penalised with a tax rate of 33%.
Pricos is a pension savings fund that invests mainly in shares and bonds. The return on your pension savings fund depends on the performance of the shares and bonds included in it. This means that the value of your fund can fluctuate substantially in the short term. Of course, the tax relief you get on each deposit you make boosts your return. However, there's no minimum guaranteed return and no capital protection.
You can find the fund's net asset value at www.beama.be or use our fund finder to search for the latest price and performance.
Get the most from your pension savings
- Save automatically by standing order so you never forget to make a deposit and get the maximum tax relief every year.
- Index what you save for your pension to always get the maximum tax-deductible amount.
Tax benefits at a glance
You benefit from tax relief amounting to 30% of the sum you save. The maximum tax-deductible amount for pension saving schemes in 2017 is 940 euros. Remember that tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may change in the future.
You started saving for your pension before you turned 55
You will have to pay a one-off final tax at a favourable rate of 8% on your 60th birthday.
Advance levy of 1% tax is deducted
Each year for five years, from 2015 to 2019, a final tax of 1% will be collected early (not applicable to new contracts taken out from 1 January 2015). The amounts of 1% collected early on the actual savings accumulated on 31 December 2014 will be deducted from the 8% final tax due at the age of 60.
What happens when you turn 60?
Once the one-off final tax has been deducted, you can opt to withdraw your pension savings or keep saving for your pension until the year in which you turn 64. If you opt to keep saving, you'll continue to get 30% tax relief each year on the deposits you make, but you don't have to pay any extra cash.
You started saving for your pension when you turned 55 or older
After 10 years of the contract, you pay a one-off final tax at the favourable rate of 8%.
Advance levy of 1% tax is deducted
Each year for five years, from 2015 to 2019, a final tax of 1% will be collected early (not applicable to new contracts taken out from 1 January 2015). The amounts of 1% collected early on the actual savings accumulated on 31 December 2014 will be deducted from the 8% final tax.
Terms, conditions and charges
- 2% entry charge (if you switch fully from another pension savings fund: 0%)1
- Amount to discourage sale within one month of purchase: 5% (maximum)
- Ongoing charges (as at 19 February 2016): 1.25%.
- Exit charges: none.
- No stock exchange tax
- A one-off tax of 8% is charged when you turn 60, calculated on the total of your deposits and capitalised at a fixed rate of 4.75%.
More things you need to know
- Pricos is a legally authorised mutual fund (pension savings fund) under Belgian law and managed by KBC Asset Management NV.
- It has no maturity date and does not offer capital protection. Risk and reward indicator: 5 on a scale of 1 (low risk, potentially lower return) to 7 (high risk, potentially higher return). Moreover, an investment in this fund runs a moderate level of inflation risk: the bond component does not provide any protection against an increase in inflation.
- Read the Key Investor Information Document and the Prospectus before deciding to invest in this fund.
- If you have a complaint, you can send it to email@example.com, tel. 0800 62 084, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 As an investor, you can only open one pension savings account or take out one pension savings insurance plan per calendar year. However, you can have multiple contracts at the same time. If you already have a contract from previous years, you can start a new one. You're entitled to deduct tax for only one of the two (or multiple) contracts.