KBC Life Future 8 combines security with return. This guaranteed-interest savings insurance runs for eight years and six months and gives you a guaranteed minimum return plus a variable, non-guaranteed profit share. The minimum investment is 3.000 euros.
Guaranteed interest rate
You’re assured of a guaranteed minimum return for eight years.
Possible profit share
You may receive a variable profit share each year on top of your return.
After eight years, you pay no withholding tax
Provided your contract runs for eight years, you don’t have to pay any exit charges or any withholding tax.
You’ve good reason to choose KBC Life Future 8
Your return on a KBC Life Future 8 plan
- The interest rate is guaranteed for eight years. It currently amounts to 0.50%.1 Following this guarantee period, a second period with a new guaranteed rate of interest will start and run until the end of the contract.
- In addition to the security of a minimum return, an annual profit share is possible. This is not guaranteed and depends on prevailing economic conditions and the results of KBC Insurance.
1 This interest is guaranteed on the invested deposit after deduction of applicable taxes and charges.
Protect your family
With KBC Life Future 8, you choose who receives the accumulated reserve in the event of your death before your contract’s termination date. You can also build in supplementary death cover, giving your chosen beneficiary an additional payout on top of the reserve, ensuring that, if the worst happens, you won’t leave them with financial headaches.
The cost of a KBC Life Future 8 policy
- Entry charges: 2.5% on the amount of the deposit.
- Exit charges: if you want to stop the contract within the first eight years, the reserve that is withdrawn may be recalculated in accordance with changes in interest rates on the financial markets. An exit charge of 1% will then be deducted from the (recalculated) reserve. If your contract runs over eight years, there are no exit charges due.
- Insurance tax: Belgian-resident individuals pay insurance tax of 2% on all new deposits.
Withholding tax2: interest is not subject to
- when payment is made on the death of the insured;
- when payment is made at the end of the contract;
- if amounts are withdrawn more than eight years after commencement of the contract;
- if amounts are
withdrawn less than eight years after the commencement date,
provided there is 130% death cover and the policyholder is the
insured and also the beneficiary in the event the insured is
alive when the policy expires.
In all other cases, you pay withholding tax of 30% (calculated on a fictitious basis under which deposited amounts are deemed to bear interest of 4.75%).
2 Under the current tax system. The tax treatment depends on each client’s individual circumstances and may change in the future.
Things you also need to know
- KBC Life Future 8 is a product provided by KBC Insurance NV – Professor Roger Van Overstraetenplein 2 – 3000 Leuven – Belgium. VAT No. BE 0403.552.563 – RLP Leuven – IBAN BE43 7300 0420 0601 – BIC KREDBEBB. Company licensed by the National Bank of Belgium, de Berlaimontlaan 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, for all classes of insurance under code 0014 (Royal Decree of 4 July 1979, Belgian Official Gazette of 14 July 1979).
- This product is governed by the laws of Belgium.
- Your intermediary is your first point of contact for any complaints you may have. If no agreement can be reached, you can contact KBC Complaints Management, Brusselsesteenweg 100, 3000 Leuven, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0800 62 084 (free number) or + 32 78 15 20 45 (pay number), fax + 32 16 86 30 38. If you cannot find a suitable solution, you can contact the Insurance Ombudsman, which serves the whole industry, De Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, e-mail email@example.com, website www.ombudsman.as. Your right to initiate legal proceedings is not affected.
- More detailed information on this product, the relevant conditions, and the attendant risks can be found in the general conditions and the financial fact sheet. Be sure to read that info before signing. This information is available free of charge from your KBC intermediary.
- Guaranteed-interest life policy with a guaranteed return, whereby the investment risk is borne by the insurer. This product is covered by the Belgian deposit-protection scheme for guaranteed-interest life insurance (class 21). The scheme is triggered if it is established that KBC Insurance has defaulted. The protection currently amounts to 100.000 euros per policyholder for all reserves combined that are held with KBC Insurance under protected guaranteed-interest life insurance contracts.