KBC Start2Save4 stopped being sold on 1 January 2017.
This page is solely for clients holding a KBC Start2Save4 Account.
Want to put something aside for your child or grandchild? Quickly check out our other solutions.
Save each month
You can only put money into a KBC Start2Save4 Account by means of a monthly automatic savings order. That can be up to 500 euros euros a month. The funds can come from a KBC account or an account held with another financial institution.
Control of your savings
Up to the day before the savings are released, you are free to decide, at no cost whether to:
- withdraw the savings
- revoke the designated beneficiary
- change the release date
- change options for releasing the funds
There are two options, where you either:
- specify the date on which the money is released or
- only allow the funds to be released when your child, grandchild or godchild buys their own home or turns 30
Features of KBC Start2Save4
- Saves on tax: Individuals are exempt from withholding tax (currently 15%) on the first 980 euros of interest earned each year (2021 figure).
- Risk: Your entire deposits with KBC Bank up to a maximum of 100.000 euros per person are guaranteed subject to certain conditions. In the event of the KBC's insolvency (e.g., if it goes into bankruptcy), you run the risk of losing any deposits you have over 100.000 euros, or their amount could be reduced or converted into shares. You can obtain a copy of our 'Protection of deposits and financial instruments in Belgium' brochure from your KBC branch or from www.kbc.be/depositprotection.
- Free savings account: we won't charge you for opening and managing your savings account. Sending printed account statements by post pays 2.50 Euros per month if sent monthly or 25.00 Euros per month if sent daily.
- Constant availability: A KBC Start2Save4 Account is an open-ended product. You can withdraw funds from your KBC Start2Save4 Account at any time and without charge.
Earnings on a KBC Start2Save4 Account
Interest at the base rate
KBC Start2Save4 is a regulated savings account with a third-party beneficiary clause from KBC Bank NV, Belgium, and is governed by Belgian law. A KBC Start2Save4 Account is in the name of one private individual. Only one KBC Start2Save4 Account may be opened for each beneficiary. You can only save on a KBC Start2Save4 Account through a single monthly automatic savings order in a fixed amount of no more than 500 euros.
Saving made easy by standing order
Just create a monthly savings order of up to 500 euros, and each month the amount will be transferred automatically onto your KBC Start2Save4 Account.
The funds can come from a KBC account or an account held with another financial institution.