Collect and inspect your lease vehicle
Your new lease vehicle is waiting for you at the supplier’s, and you are looking forward to the freedom that a car gives you. However, don’t get carried away by accepting the vehicle immediately. Before driving away, it’s wise to check the following points.
If the car doesn’t match the order, do not sign the delivery note and do not accept the car. Contact the Driver Care department immediately on +32 (0) 16 88 16 00.
- Is this definitely the car that was ordered, with the right accessories and/or options?
- Does the car carry the legally required equipment (hazard warning triangle, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher)?
- Has the supplier given you the following vehicle documentation?
- Certificate of conformity
- Vehicle instruction manual and service log book
- KBC Private Lease folder containing:
- Registration documents (registration certificate)
- Certificate of insurance (green card, if specified in the contract)
- Brochure ‘Overview for vehicle problems'
- Accident statement
- Parking disc, fluorescent safety vest,...
- If the car has a towbar, a towbar inspection certificate
Go through the above checklist carefully to be sure that everything is as it should be.