As your lease draws to a close, you may be wondering how to return your car.
How and where do you return your car? What if it’s damaged? Find out
What must you return along with the car?
Cars must be returned to KBC Private Lease% clean and in good condition, together with their:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Certificate of conformity
- Service log book
- Certificate of insurance (green card)
- Vehicle inspection certificate (if applicable)
- Original number plate
Remember options and accessories
- Satnav software
- Spare wheel and anti-theft bolts
- Compulsory equipment including a fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first-aid kit and fluorescent vest
- Original rims
And possibly also:
- Additional seats
- Roof rack
- Luggage screen cover
- Any other required keys (like one for a towbar)
Points to note
- Deliver the car cleaned inside and out
- Make sure you attend any loss inspection
If you fail to do so, we may charge you a fee.
- Car not there for collection: €150
- No vehicle registration certificate: €150
- Certificate of conformity missing: €150
- No original number plate: €150
- Missing keys (at least two must be returned, including the master key): €300
- No satnav software: €150
What if the car is damaged?
VAB Fleet Services will inspect the car in the parking area in Londerzeel. Photos are taken of any visible damage. Any damage other than normal wear and tear is invoiced as post-contractual damage.
In determining the normal wear and tear, KBC Autolease only applies the objective criteria and guidelines of Renta (the Belgian professional association of vehicle lessors) for the evaluation of passenger cars and company cars.
Repair costs are kept low thanks to the use of smart repair techniques, which involve alternative repair methods that offer excellent value for money.
Can you purchase the vehicle at the end of the contract?
No, that is not possible.