What does this internship entail?
Take part in the ORSA Reporting Process:
ORSA is the “Own Risk and Solvency Assessment” that insurance undertakings need to report to the regulator on an annual basis. It is the reflection of the thinking of top management on the capital adequacy of the institution and as such a core risk process. Participating in the ORSA process is the core part of the internship. You will be considered as a colleague in the team that is responsible for the coordination of the ORSA Report. You will participate on meetings for recurrent tasks, ongoing at the time of the traineeship (e.g. ORSA report) and take up responsibility for certain deliveries.
Automate collection and aggregation of sensitivity analysis:
Automate/optimize the current excel file such that we have a clear
input sheet for the deliverables from the different competence centers
which allows for an automated calculation for impact on capital and
P&L and directly shows the results in the lay-out as reported to
the Executive Committee.
Increase efficiency of excel file/calculations on the recovery
Evaluate the current process for the monthly risk signal indicator
Increase the efficiency of the data inflow, review the underlying calculations and improve the monthly reporting format made available to the entities.
This assignment would be the ideal chance for an actuarial
internship to get acquainted with one of the key reporting processes
of an insurance undertaking complemented with a view on the working of
an integrated Bank – Insurance group.
The internship can be of short (<6months) or long (>6months)
What do we expect from you?
From a technical point of view
• You have a Master degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering, … or equal by experience.
• You are currently an actuarial science student.
• You have strong written and oral communication skills in
From a personal point of view
• You are a team player, but can focus on individual assignments independently when necessary.
• You are dynamic, creative and show initiative.
• You like working in an international context.
• You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot
of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in
an easy-to-understand, structured way.
• You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines.
• You are eager to learn but also to share knowledge. You have a
drive to continuously extend your knowledge and explore different
areas of risk (management).
Published on 06/11/2018
Fill in the fields below, attach your CV and click 'send application'.
All fields must be filled in.